Viral Hepatitis Capacity Building Intern | NYC Health Department
The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Bureau of Communicable Disease, Viral Hepatitis Program works to reduce morbidity and mortality associated with hepatitis B and C in NYC. The Viral Hepatitis program conducts surveillance; community outreach; training, program development and implementation; and policy activities.
Title: Capacity Building Intern ** Candidate must be a CUNY Student
Pay: $15/ hour
Hours: 19 hours maximum per week
Roles and Responsibilities
The Project Coordinator will assist with the following activities and tasks:
- Design materials for the general public, medical professionals and other public health stakeholders. Publications include written printed materials, social media messaging, website posting, and other written materials as needed.
- Develop health communication projects to meet community needs.
- Maintain communications and coalition project databases, websites, and social media platforms.
- Work closely with organization leadership to enhance communications and coalition building capacity.
- Assist with project tracking and reporting tasks
- Complete other tasks as assigned
Requirements. Applicant must:
- Be interested in community health outreach, communications/design and coalition building
- Be interested in working in partnership with people living with HIV, Viral hepatitis, and other chronic health conditions for better health outcomes
- Have excellent oral, writing and inter-personal skills
- Have knowledge of social media administration, basic website management, email campaign management such as Mailchimp, health education, and training methods.
- Have ability to learn quickly and use content management systems for websites, email, newsletters, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and other emerging tools.
- Have ability to communicate complex messages clearly and simply to highly diverse New York City audiences
- Be Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and online and print design software.
- Have positive attitude and team oriented outlook /Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team.
- Have equivalent combination of training, education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
We especially encourage LGBTQIA+ people and people of color to apply.
To apply, email cover letter and resume to:
Sarah Ahmed, MPH, CHES
Communications and Community Engagement Coordinator, Viral Hepatitis Program