Psychotherapist LCSW – LMHC (Part Time)
Job posted by: Housing Works Inc.
Posted on: September 8, 2014
The LCSW –Licensed Clinical Social Worker and/or LMHC – Licensed Mental Health Counselor is responsible for providing multiple aspects of psychotherapeutic counseling for caseload of OASAS clients, including assessments, development of treatment plans, case management, crisis intervention, formulating discharge plans, individual /collateral counseling and short-term therapy, specifically providing substance abuse treatment interventions and/or mental health therapy for patients with depression and related disorders. In addition, the LCSW/LMHC counselor may conduct individual, group and collateral/family psychotherapy, and care coordination services as needed. The LCSW/LMHC counselor may also perform other duties at the request of the Director of Clinical Services and Clinical Supervisor in support of the program’s quality assurance process. The LCSW/LMHC counselor reports to the Clinical Supervisor.
- Completion of psychosocial assessments
- Develops comprehensive treatment plans for clients and revises treatment plans as needed
- Participate in interdisciplinary care planning and daily rounds
- Provides individual, collateral and group mental health, substance use, and harm reduction/recovery ready therapeutic counseling
- Meets weekly with clients to ensure that psychotherapeutic treatment needs are being met and to identify newly emerging needs
- Reports significant observations and interactions with clients via daily rounds, service logs, and electronic records
- Completes minimum of 5 comprehensive psychotherapy visits daily
- Provides1hour weekly clinical supervision to current LMSW staff to meet licensure requirements
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
- Master’s degree in Social Work and/or Mental Health Counseling from an accredited school
- Current New York State LCSW and/or LMHC certification/licensure
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in the psychiatric/mental health component of HIV/AIDS care and the mental health treatment of MICA clients
- Group facilitation experience.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team.
- Knowledge of issues affecting older adults and of substance use, homelessness, and mental illness.
- Familiarity with OASAS APG Regulatory Standards/Stars Reporting
- LMSWs must become LCSWs within six months of hire, and work towards an “R” designation.
Housing Works provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements.
To apply please copy and paste link in your browser: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=10651721
Last Updated on October 22, 2020 by HepFree NYCTags: LMSW Part Time Psychotherapist