Last Updated on December 17, 2017 by wp-admin
LCSW at Housing Works – Part time
JOB TITLE: Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Posted by: Housing Works Inc.
The Part Time Clinical Social Worker has primary responsibility for coordination, development, supervision, and service provision of social work and clinical services. Furthermore, the Clinical Social Worker is responsible for providing multiple aspects of psychosocial care for a client caseload, including assessment, case management, crisis intervention, and individual counseling and short-term therapy, specifically providing substance abuse treatment and/or mental health therapy for patients with depression and related disorders.
- Assists with completing initial psychosocial assessments for all clients.
- Develops comprehensive care plans for clients and revises them as needed
- Participate in interdisciplinary care planning and daily rounds
- Provides individual and group mental health, substance use, and harm reduction counseling;
- Meets weekly with clients to ensure that all service needs are being met and to identify newly emerging needs.
- Reports significant observations and interactions with clients via daily rounds, service logs, and chart notes.
- Provides clinical supervision to current LMSW staff to meet licensure requirements
- Bilingual preferred
- Master’s degree in social work from an accredited school
- Current New York State certification/licensure
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in the psychiatric/mental health component of HIV/AIDS care and the mental health treatment of MICA clients
- Group facilitation experience.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team.
- Knowledge of issues affecting older adults and of substance use, homelessness, and mental illness.
- Education requirements: Master’s degree
- Employment type: Part time
- Professional level: Professional
- Job function: Direct social services
- Owner’s areas of focus: Arts , Legal assistance , Housing and homelessness , Health and medicine , LGBT , Politics , Social enterprise
Location: New York, NY, 10014, US
For original post: CLICK HERETags: Hepatitis C & HIV LCSW