Hep C Project INSPIRE Data Coordinator
Job Title: Data Coordinator
Organization: Fund for Public Health in New York – NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
Position Reports to: Director of Office of Viral Hepatitis Surveillance, Prevention and Control, Bureau of Communicable Diseases, NYCDOHMH
Salary: Commensurate with experience
See original post here.
The Fund for Public Health in New York, Inc. (FPHNY) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, FPHNY implements programs to address pressing public health needs, fosters private sector support to enhance health and health care, and helps educate the public regarding the protection of individual, family, and community health.
The Fund for Public Health in New York (FPHNY) in collaboration with New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (NYCDOHMH) received a three-year award from the Health Care Innovation Awards starting in September 2014. This opportunity, Innovate and Network to Stop HCV and Prevent complications via Integrating care Responding to needs and Engaging patients and providers (INSPIRE Project), will significantly expand DOHMH’s activities in addressing the holistic care for Hepatitis C.
Project INSPIRE NYC is an integrated, innovative, and evidence-based comprehensive service model that combines the use of HCV surveillance data, facilitated case identification, care coordination, health promotion, medication adherence support, and HCV infection-centered primary care that is supported by expert consultation via telemedicine and that includes collaborative behavioral health services. The primary aim is to demonstrate a model of service delivery and payment that can reduce morbidity and death from chronic illnesses and reduce costs associated with its complications, using chronic HCV infection as a case study. Project INSPIRE NYC will use an integrated medical and behavioral health service model with a bundled and capitated payment system developed with participating managed care organizations (MCOs). It will create real value by standardizing and improving patient-focused care, while working toward a payment model that facilitates positive outcomes and cost efficiency.
Reporting to the Program Monitoring and Reporting Coordinator, the Data Coordinator will support data management activities for Project INSPIRE, including the design and implementation of databases to collect clinical reporting data, provide quality assurance, and coordinate data and monitoring reports with the contracted program evaluation team.
The Data Coordinator will work with internal staff and external partners to develop data collection and management plans, and coordinate and undertake quality assurance and evaluation related activities.
Duties will include:
- Develop data collection and monitoring goals, activities, and plans for Project INSPIRE;
- Design databases and other data collection methods and instruments;
- Coordinate and undertake data collection and sharing between DOHMH, payers, clinical sites, and evaluation partners.
- Assess and improve the quality and completeness of reporting of clinical and care coordination data
- Attend site visits at the clinical sites, conducting quality assurance activities
- Analyze electronic medical record and clinical reporting data and compile reports for Project INSPIRE staff
- Participate in teleconferences and/or meetings with clinical sites, evaluation staff, and CMS
- Prepare supplemental data and monitoring reports for DOHMH and CMS
- Serve as a SAS programming resource; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in public health, biostatistics, healthcare administration, or a related field with at least one year of relevant data management experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Access required; statistical training and strong experience with SAS is desired.
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently and in teams to collect and analyze data
- Ability to interpret statistical analyses and to present findings in reports and presentations preferred.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and computer skills
Please send your resume, with cover letter, to: email@example.com. Indicate the following in the Subject line: INSPIRE Data Coordinator_your name.
In the cover letter, indicate how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and provide your salary history and requirements.
The Fund for Public Health in New York, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a diverse pool of candidates to apply.
Fund for Public Health in New York
22 Cortlandt Street, 11th Floor, Suite #1103, New York, NY 10007
Phone: (646) 710-4860 www.fphny.org
Last Updated on December 17, 2017 by HepFree NYCTags: Data Coordinator Hepatitis C