Committee members received printed copies of the Hep A and B vaccination card for MSM, and discussed engagement of trans folks around the topic of hepatitis (Hep C in particular).
Committee members received printed copies of the LGBTQ Hepatitis Resource Card and planned a Hep A and B vaccination campaign targeting the LGBTQ community, as well as June Pride events.
The Committee will provide advice to drug/medical diagnostics developers on issues related to clinical development of investigational and marketed drugs/diagnostics and their use by patients with chronic HBV infection.
The NYC Hep B Coalition was founded in 2009 as a city-wide network of community based organizations, health care organizations, providers, and others interested in hepatitis B and related issues.
To build community and provider partnerships for prevention, raise awareness, provide screening, immunization and referral services, and reduce cultural and language barriers for treatment for liver diseases for African immigrants and refugees.
A group of Hep Free NYC leaders who come together to plan annual awareness events including: National Hepatitis Testing Day, National Hispanic Hepatitis Awareness Day, African American Hep C Action Day, and World Hepatitis Day.
The Hep Free NYC Communications Committee develops the Hep Free NYC social media strategy, and posts information/resources on the Hep Free NYC website, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
Team HBV NYC is a cross-institutional student initiative supported by the NYC Hep B Coalition, which seeks to involve students in outreach and awareness projects in NYC.
- Paid Internship | Transitional Hep C Navigator @ NYC Health Dept February 14, 2020
- Job | Program Manager @ Hep B Initiative-Washington DC February 13, 2020
- Job | Hepatitis B Policy Fellow @ AAPCHO January 27, 2020
- Job | Community Outreach and Education Manager @ American Liver Foundation January 24, 2020
- Viral Hep, HIV, STD Research Data Analyst @ California Health Dept January 23, 2020
- Job | Helpline Specialist @ American Liver Foundation January 16, 2020
- NY City Council Discretionary Funding Application (Due 2/18/2020) January 16, 2020