LGBTQ Card – 2nd Version Feedback
- The new card will include sites that provide Hepatitis testing/vaccination/care.
- Provide a link to testing sites, and possibly use a QR code that people can scan to visit the site.
- Sites listed on the card should be 1) comprehensive care (testing, patient navigation, care) 2) low-cost or no-cost.
- The sites should be LGBTQ friendly or inclusive. Check out hospitals and health centers in Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index.
- We should list only 3-4 sites.
- Place a thin rainbow line somewhere in the card.
- Please send sites you think should be listed on the new resource card!!
Hep A and B Vaccination Campaign
- We need to decide on the target audience. This will inform how to design the campaign.
- Do research on who in the LGBTQ community have higher rates of Hep A and B, and higher rates of new infections.
- The campaign should have two components (1) get tested for Hep B (2) get vaccinated for Hep A and B
- If you have data on Hep A and B vaccination and infection rates in the LGBTQ community, send to Daniel.
- Creation of vaccination card may be an option.
- Tag line can be fun, recommend people bring a friend to get tested for Hep B and vaccinated. “It’s always cute when someone brings a friend to get tested.” “Treat yo self, get tested and vaccinated for Hep B.” Send ideas for tag lines.
- The resource can have a check list:
- Pick up laundry
- Go to the gym
- Brunch with friends
- Get tested for Hep B and C
LGBTQ Pride in June Ideas
- Hold a screening event. Have LGBTQ leaders get tested for Hep B and C.
- Hold a panel discussion and make it interactive.
- Send ideas for Hep Free NYC Pride events.
- Andrew Bonfrancesco, Supervisor, Positive Health Project, email@example.com
- Brigitte Buquez, Research Coordinator, Mount Sinai, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Celia Murnock, Data Manager, Mount Sinai, email@example.com
- Courtney Dower, HIV/Hep C/B, Supervisor, Bronx-Lebanon, Family Medicine firstname.lastname@example.org
- Daniel Calder, Community Outreach and Education Coordinator, NYCDOH, email@example.com
- Darrin Maxwell, Hepatitis C Coordinator, Callen-Lorde Community Health Center, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Derek McCracken, Practicum Supervisor, Narrative Medicine Columbia University email@example.com