Job (Brooklyn): Client Navigator
The Client Navigator Assistant coordinates with Client Navigator(s) to provide assistance with client’s medical appointments, engagement in care and referrals for services. The Client Navigator Assistant is responsible for carrying out tasks needed to execute the individual medical and supportive services plan for each client including administrative tasks.
- Screens clients to determine individual needs and eligibility.
- Coordinates with Client Navigator for maximum performance in daily tasks.
- Provides all field-based health education on a monthly or weekly basis.
- Escorts clients to medical and other appointments.
- Collaborates with internal and external entities to facilitate client flow and/or resolve client issues.
- Provides critical feedback to other members of the health care team based on observations in the field.
- Assist Client Navigator with appropriate program documentation of services provided by entering information into the designated data base.
- Maintains a daily log of client services for statistical purposes.
- Completes reports for the agency and funders
- Performs general office duties such as filing, answering telephone, and typing utilizing PC.
The following duties are to be performed as assigned by the supervisor:
- HIV Streamlined Rapid HIV and Hep C Testing Knowledge and Experience
- Other duties as assigned by management staff
Education and Certification
- ○ High School Diploma or GED
- ○ Certified to perform HIV testing and counseling
Special Skills and Knowledge
In addition to the above-listed job responsibilities and educational requirements, the ideal candidate for this position possesses most or all of the following:
- one year documented community-based experience
- Knowledge of HIV, substance use, homelessness, community outreach strategies
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as needed
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Familiarity with Sunset Park, adjacent and borough-wide neighborhoods
- Valid NYS Driver’s license a plus
How to Apply:
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Last Updated on December 17, 2017 by HepFree NYCTags: Client Coordinator Hepatitis C & HIV