Program Manager Hep C Project Inspire NYC
Full-time Position as Project Manager
Location: Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai | Department of Medicine, Division of Liver Diseases
Project INSPIRE NYC aims to improve the treatment of hepatitis C (HCV) infection in NYC. It is estimated that 146,500 NYC adults (2.4% of the NYC population) have chronic HCV infection, which causes cirrhosis, end-stage liver disease, liver cancer, and death in 20% of infected persons. The project will demonstrate that patient-centered medical and behavioral healthcare integrated with care coordination services and telemedicine-based provider training will reduce complications, deaths, and costs from HCV.
The Project Manager will provide overall direction and management of this 3-year project.
- Work closely with Medical Director and Principal Investigator to carry out the overall project
- Co-lead weekly telemedicine meetings and provide leadership to the Project INSPIRE team
- Manage a staff of Care Coordinators and Peer Navigators serving various community clinics
- Facilitate weekly meetings with staff to manage case loads, address issues, and manage coverage of patient needs
- Oversee administrative duties for Project INSPIRE team
- Develop relationships and collaborative projects among medical providers, care coordinators, and peer navigators
- Manage and monitor outcome measures
- Work closely with the Medical Director, Data Analyst, and team members to collect all necessary data
- Work closely with NYCDOH and Cornell Medical Center in order to carry out all aspects of the project
- Attend internal steering committee meetings
- Supervise the integration of all aspects of Project INSPIRE into the regular clinical flow and pathways of Mount Sinai Hospital
- Assist in the development of training materials and other resources to guide implementation of HCV treatment programs
- Report to the Principal Investigator
- Work with other clinicians and staff to expand the telemedicine and care coordination model to other chronic diseases
- Work with the Medical Director and other staff to develop clinical protocols and clinical pathways
- Prepare progress reports and resubmissions as needed
- Prepare data report including analysis of data from our site
- Manage grant budget
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in a community health center setting
- Demonstrated experience providing training and or technical assistance
- Experience coordinating staff and communicating across several departments and disciplines
- Experience developing training materials and other resources
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Strong communication, writing and problem solving skills
- Master’s Degree or PhD in public health, social work, clinical epidemiology, or related field and 3-5 years of experience managing community health projects
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience
- Ability to multitask and manage several projects with a team
- Willing to travel throughout NYC to manage programs at multiple clinics
Immediate start date for all four positions.
Three-year commitment expected.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Submit Cover Letter and Resume to:
Ponni Perumalswami, MD, Assistant Professor, Division of Liver Diseases, Department of Medicine, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai –
One Gustave L. Levy Place – Box 1123 – New York, NY 10029
Office: (212) 659-8879– Email: Ponni.Perumalswami@mountsinai.orgTags: Hepatitis C