Last Updated on June 26, 2019 by Sarah Ahmed
New York State Association of County Health Officials (NYSACHO), along with the local health departments and NYSDOH, are coordinating 6 regional adult immunization coalitions across the state. The purpose of these meetings is to provide an opportunity to promote immunizations throughout life. They are looking for a Hepatitis B advocate who can speak on how Hepatitis B impacted their life and advocate for adult vaccination.
Interested? Contact Program Manager: Robert L. Viets cell: 518-487-0374 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dates/Locations: Please see below
- Presentation Topic: Looking for a Hepatitis B advocate who can speak about how Hep B impacted their life and advocate for adults to get vaccinated.
- Length of Presentation: 30-60 minutes including Q & A
- Target Audience: LHD immunization staff, NYSDOH immunization staff, and we invite all providers that vaccinate adults. This typically includes nurses, sometimes pharmacists, doctors, adult care facility staff, hospital staff, colleges/university staff, nursing students.
- Focus of Meetings: These meetings provide a venue for continued promotion of adult immunizations, provision of accurate and timely adult immunization related information to both local health departments (LHDs) and community providers, with a particular emphasis on annual influenza vaccination campaigns. Additionally, they provide an opportunity to promote the increased state and national emphasis on promoting immunizations throughout the life of an individual, as well as for specific populations such as health care workers.
- Travel: NYSACHO is happy to cover travel to/from the events and overnight accommodations if requested.
- Continuing Education: Attendees will be eligible for Continuing Medical Education Credits, Continuing Nurse Education Contact Hours, Certified Health Education Specialist Contact Hours, and/or Certified in Public Health.
Meeting, Date, Location and Estimated Number of Attendees
Western NY Adult Immunization Coalition Meeting
Thursday, October 10, 2019
Terry Hills Golf Course, Batavia, NY
Central NY Adult Immunization Coalition Meeting
Friday, October 11, 2019
Holiday Inn, Liverpool, NY
Nassau-Suffolk Adult Immunization Coalition Meeting
Wednesday, October 16, 2016
Hilton Long Island, Melville, NY
Westchester-Rockland Adult Immunization Coalition Meeting
Thursday, October 17, 2019
DoubleTree, Tarrytown, NY
Mid-Hudson Adult Immunization Coalition Meeting
Friday, October 18, 2019
Centennial Golf Club, Carmel, NY
Northeastern NY Adult Immunization Coalition Meeting
Wednesday, October 30, 2019
Holiday Inn, Saratoga Springs, NY