National Hepatitis Testing Day 2021 Proclamation
Dear Colleague Letter | Universal Hep C Screening is Recommended for Pregnant People (NYC Health Dept)Featured, Guidelines, News, Publications
In 2020, the USPSTF and the CDC recommended universal screening for Hep C during each pregnancy. Children who have been exposed to Hep C perinatally should be tested.
Position: Hepatitis C Care Coordinator Start Date- May 3, 2021 Application Deadline- April 12, 2021 Salary- Starting salary $50,000 *Must be able to travel to multiple clinics in various locations in New York City throughout the week. This is a full-time position with benefits. D...
NYC Health Department Form to Self-Certify Medical Condition for COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility (including Liver Disease)News
New York State has expanded COVID-19 vaccine eligibility to people with certain medical conditions, which includes liver disease (such as hepatitis B, hepatitis C, cirrhosis or other liver disease).
The NYC Department of Health has noted a recent increase in reports of hepatitis A among people who use drugs, are homeless or unstably housed, or are in methadone programs in NYC. Hep A can lead to severe illness and death, particularly in people with underlying health condition...
NYS Medicaid FFS removed prior authorizations for first time direct acting antivirals (DAAs) treatment of Hep C infection and for re-treatment within one year for any reason.
News & Recent Posts
- Hep C & Drug User Health Preceptorship (NYS Health Dept Clinical Education Initiative) July 8, 2021
- Job | Director of Building Capacity @ NYC Health Department July 7, 2021
- Job | Hep C Navigator @ New York Harm Reduction Educators June 24, 2021
- Job | Hep C Care Coordinator @ New York Harm Reduction Educators June 24, 2021
- Telemedicine Workgroup Meeting Highlights | 5-20-21 June 10, 2021
- Job | Program Patient Navigation Coordinator @ REACH (Mount Sinai Hospital) June 4, 2021