NYC Council established the Viral Hepatitis Initiative in 2014, to fund community organizations to provide hepatitis B and C prevention, linkage to care and care services.
The new NASTAD Hep C Community Navigation Toolkit consists of program protocols, data collection tools, and patient education materials used in the Hep C patient navigation programs developed by the NYC Health Department.
In March 2020, the United States Preventive Services Task Force recommended one-time screening for hepatitis C in people aged 18-79. Simplified treatment guidance has been developed for hepatitis B and C.
News & Recent Posts
- Internship | PT Peer RADx-UP Program @ Alliance Lower East Side Harm Reduction Center March 4, 2021
- NYC Health Department Form to Self-Certify Medical Condition for COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility (including Liver Disease) February 23, 2021
- Coalition against Hepatitis in People of African Origin (CHIPO) NYC February 17, 2021
- Job | Certified Recovery Peer Advocate @ Addiction Care Interventions February 12, 2021
- Job | Partnerships & Communications Associate Director @ Stanford University Asian Liver Center February 11, 2021
- CHIPO-NYC Committee Meeting Highlights | 1-27-21 February 4, 2021