In 2020, the USPSTF and the CDC recommended universal screening for Hep C during each pregnancy. Children who have been exposed to Hep C perinatally should be tested.
The USPSTF recommends screening for hep B in adolescents and adults at increased risk for infection.
The new CDC algorithm for testing and treating pregnant women for hepatitis B The PHBPP Perinatal Algorithm has been finalized and is now posted on the Division of Viral Hepatitis webpage. The link is below: https://www.cdc.gov/hepatitis/hbv/perinatalxmtn.htm Here you will find...
In March 2020, the United States Preventive Services Task Force recommended one-time screening for hepatitis C in people aged 18-79. Simplified treatment guidance has been developed for hepatitis B and C.
This report presents an overview of the NYC Health Department’s 2018 surveillance and research data on hepatitis B and C in NYC, as well as the Health Department’s programmatic activities to address these epidemics.
The Viral Hepatitis Program acknowledges that community testing programs are in a unique position to identify people at risk for hepatitis C, to provide testing and linkage to care. The following information is provided to support efficient community testing for programs that use...
News & Recent Posts
- Telemedicine Workgroup Meeting Highlights | 5-20-21 June 10, 2021
- Job | Program Patient Navigation Coordinator @ REACH (Mount Sinai Hospital) June 4, 2021
- A Proclamation on National Hepatitis Testing Day, 2021 May 19, 2021
- Job | Hep C Peer Navigator Part-Time @ VOCAL-NY May 19, 2021
- Funding | Mother Cabrini Health Foundation Statewide Grants (Deadline: June 4th, 2021) May 18, 2021
- Job | Hep B & C Research Coordinator (Mount Sinai HONE Program) May 7, 2021