In 2020, the USPSTF and the CDC recommended universal screening for Hep C during each pregnancy. Children who have been exposed to Hep C perinatally should be tested.
The USPSTF recommends screening for hep B in adolescents and adults at increased risk for infection.
In March 2020, the United States Preventive Services Task Force recommended one-time screening for hepatitis C in people aged 18-79. Simplified treatment guidance has been developed for hepatitis B and C.
The Viral Hepatitis Program acknowledges that community testing programs are in a unique position to identify people at risk for hepatitis C, to provide testing and linkage to care. The following information is provided to support efficient community testing for programs that use...
Preventing, Identifying and Managing Hepatitis B Virus Infection: City Health Information (NYC Health Dept, 2018)Guidelines, News, HepCX News
The NYC Health Department recently released the 2018 version of City Health Information (CHI): Preventing, Identifying, and Managing Hepatitis B Virus Infection.
The NYC Health Department recently released the 2018 version of City Health Information (CHI): Diagnosing & Managing Hep C providing guidance to Primary Care Providers in hepatitis C screening, management and treatment.
The American College of Physicians' High Value Care Task Force and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention developed this article to present best practice statements for hepatitis B vaccination, screening, and linkage to care.
News & Recent Posts
- Telemedicine Workgroup Meeting Highlights | 5-20-21 June 10, 2021
- Job | Program Patient Navigation Coordinator @ REACH (Mount Sinai Hospital) June 4, 2021
- A Proclamation on National Hepatitis Testing Day, 2021 May 19, 2021
- Job | Hep C Peer Navigator Part-Time @ VOCAL-NY May 19, 2021
- Funding | Mother Cabrini Health Foundation Statewide Grants (Deadline: June 4th, 2021) May 18, 2021
- Job | Hep B & C Research Coordinator (Mount Sinai HONE Program) May 7, 2021