City Council demonstrated its commitment to hepatitis elimination by continuing support for the Viral Hepatitis Initiative, which has improved health care access for over 8,000 New Yorkers at risk for or living with hepatitis B or C, and trained over 800 clinical providers.
May Hepatitis Awareness Month, National Hepatitis Testing Day and Hispanic Hepatitis Awareness Day.
It is time to unleash your creative side! The American Liver Foundation is looking to you to design the 2017 Liver Life Walk T-shirt. The winner of the design contest will receive a $50 Amazon gift card
Find resources, testing, and medical care for those who are co-infected with HIV and Hep C.
People living with hepatitis B should be screened for liver cancer every six months and people with Hepatitis C and cirrhosis should be screened every six months. Recommended screening is through ultrasound.
Study shows that two out of five Bronx residents who test positive for hepatitis C are undiagnosed. The Health Department’s Viral Hepatitis Program offers free resources to support health care providers in hepatitis B and C screening and care.
- Funding | Innovative Hepatitis C Care and Treatment Models for People Who Inject Drugs (PWID) November 8, 2018
- Hepatitis C Group Treatment in Primary Care Webinar Recording November 1, 2018
- Hepatitis A, B and C in New York City: 2017 Annual Report October 30, 2018
- Job | Technical Consultant, Drug User Health @ NASTAD October 19, 2018
- Nominate Hep C Elimination Champion/Team for NYS DOH Commissioner World AIDS Day Award! September 21, 2018
- Soliciting Feedback on Draft National Harm Reduction Strategy August 20, 2018
- Article | Effect of Hepatocellular Carcinoma on Mortality Among Individuals With Hep B or Hep C Infection in NYC, 2001–2012 July 31, 2018
- NY Governor Announces First-In-Nation Task Force To Eliminate Hepatitis C July 27, 2018
Sign Up For Texts
to receive free texts about hepatitis C and liver health.