In high income countries, the majority of new and existing hepatitis C virus (HCV) infections occur among people who inject drugs (PWID). In many low and middle income countries large HCV epidemics have also emerged among PWID populations.
There is an Act in the Health Committee of the NYS Senate which would require hospitals to offer the hep C Test to Baby Boomers
Awareness Days, News, Awareness Day
May Hepatitis Awareness Month, National Hepatitis Testing Day and Hispanic Hepatitis Awareness Day.
Publications, Reports, Annual Report, Hepatitis B & C
This report presents an overview of the New York City Health Department’s 2015 surveillance and research data on hepatitis B and C in NYC, as well as the Health Department’s programmatic activities to address these epidemics.
Preventing, Identifying and Managing Hepatitis B Virus Infection: City Health Information (NYC Health Dept, 2018)Guidelines, News, HepCX News
The NYC Health Department recently released the 2018 version of City Health Information (CHI): Preventing, Identifying, and Managing Hepatitis B Virus Infection.
AIDS Institute Drug User Health Capacity Building Initiative in January 2020. All Article 28 facilities are eligible to apply. Applications are due December 18, 2019. For more information, agencies can call 518-474-3045. Completed applications can be submitted to Rob Curry at R...
It is estimated that about 700,000 to 1.4 million persons in the United States have chronic HBV infection ( 1, 2). In the United States, persons considered at high risk for HBV infection include persons from high-prevalence countries, persons who...
News & Recent Posts
- Hep C & Drug User Health Preceptorship (NYS Health Dept Clinical Education Initiative) July 8, 2021
- Job | Director of Building Capacity @ NYC Health Department July 7, 2021
- Job | Hep C Navigator @ New York Harm Reduction Educators June 24, 2021
- Job | Hep C Care Coordinator @ New York Harm Reduction Educators June 24, 2021
- Telemedicine Workgroup Meeting Highlights | 5-20-21 June 10, 2021
- Job | Program Patient Navigation Coordinator @ REACH (Mount Sinai Hospital) June 4, 2021