May 31st (9:30-11:30 AM) 25 Victory Blvd. 3rd FloorNext Meeting Date: TBD – please stay tuned!
In attendance: see below
Providing Viral Hepatitis Medical Care on Staten Island – Adedayo Adedeji, MD – Staten Island University Hospital ID Clinic & Private Practice
- Treats HIV/HCV Co-infected patients in ID Clinic. Currently program not able to take mono-infected cases. Discussed critical need for improving HCV testing, early care, management & treatment.
- Discussed need to improve reimbursement rates for providers to incentivize care in Medicaid settings.
Collaborative Development of Hepatitis C Support Group on Staten Island – Progress Report
- Working to establish group: Ronni Marks, Support Group Leader The Hepatitis C Mentor & Support Group, Inc.email@example.com
- Group will be co-facilitated by Steve Loggins, SIUH MMTP & Mario Lamboy, Positive Health Project
- Potential first day: July 19th – approximately 6 pm
- When group time is confirmed, will conduct outreach through a Task Force Flyer and the Staten Island Advance: Health Happenings
Upcoming Awareness & Screening Day Planning
- World Hepatitis Day (July 28th) – NYC Planning Facebook Page – firstname.lastname@example.org
- African Refuge Annual Health Fair (Date TBD): Judy Brown, ED, Rev JLBrown@AfricanRefuge.org
Discussion of Hepatitis B & C related Needs on Staten Island brought up at first meeting
- Funding to support staff time for Hep B & C Testing, Patient Navigation & Care.
- Grant Writing Support for CBOs. See: www.CatchaFire.org & https://candid.org/?fcref=lr
- Support for Testing and Phlebotomy Training Resources
- Hepatitis Education & Training for both clinical & non-clinical staff (Online & In-person)
- Outreach to Staten Island African Community through Liberian Association and churches
- Outreach to Russian Community – Connect with Greg Romenski’s Russian Hep C Support Group:
Russian Hepatitis B & C Education & Support Group in Coney Island
Last Wednesday of the Month (6:30-7:30 PM).
Kings Highway Library: 2115 Ocean Ave Last
Facilitator: Greg Romenski – email@example.com (718) 395-9120
Policy & Advocacy: See latest Advocacy Alerts
- Discussed lack of access to specialized care in Staten Island – will bring to next Health Care Access & Insurance Workgroup Meeting
- Hispanic Federation: Current Health Care Initiatives – Samantha Paz (firstname.lastname@example.org) Seeking patients, patient navigators/case managers and medical providers who are willing to share health care ‘issues’ (disruptions in care and treatment, barriers to care) posed by existing prior authorization requirements and/ or coverage of prescriptions the provider recommends.
- A.10249 (P. Rivera) / S.7632 (Hannon) will restore prescriber prevails in Medicaid for all drug classes so that health care providers will have final say when it comes to their patient’s medication regimens.
- A.10248 (P. Rivera) / S.7384 (Hannon) requires a uniform prior authorization form in Medicaid that will enhance patient access, relieve overburdened health care providers, and allow providers more time to treat patients.
Staten Island Hepatitis Resources Identification & Dissemination Project
- See the Online Hepatitis Services Site Locator for most current Staten Island Hepatitis B & C Services.
- To be added to the site locator, contact: HepatitisABC@health.nyc.gov
- Adedayo Adedeji, MD – Staten Island University Hospital (Adedayo_Adedeji@siuh.edu)
- Barbara Sullivan, Associate Director of Data Management, Community Health Action of Staten Island (email@example.com)
- Carl Furen, Program Director – Camelot of Staten Island, Inc (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Frank Winter, Health Insurance Specialist, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) – email@example.com
- Greg Romenski, HCV Support Group Leader for the Russian Community (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Greta Bushnell, Epidemiologist – DOHMH Epi Scholar
- Ilija Zlatar (Ilija.Zlatar@gilead.com)
- Ines Vucetic, LMSW, Manager, Health Services, Dept. of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science
Staten Island University Hospital (Ines_Vucetic@siuh.edu)
- Joshua Sippen, Health Education & Prevention Director (email@example.com) CHASI
- Mary O’Connor – Staten Island University Hospital: HIV/HCV Treatment Clinic (Mary_O’Connor@siuh.edu)
- Nicole Bannister, MS, MPH Candidate firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nirah Johnson, Community Projects Specialist – Office of Viral Hepatitis Coordination – email@example.com
- Ronni Marks, Support Group Leader The Hepatitis C Mentor & Support Group, Inc. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Steve Linick – Echo Pharmacy – SLinick@Echodrx.com
- Steve Loggins – Staten Island University Hospital MMTP – Kimthankful@aol.com
- Tanya Brown, Health Coordinator – CD Outpatient <Tanya_Brown@siuh.edu>
- Yuni Cha-Cardinale, Pharm.D., Medical Science Liaison, Virology – Vertex – email@example.com