For more than two decades, St. Ann’s Corner of Harm Reduction (SACHR) has been meeting drug users where they are: on the streets and actively engaged in high-risk lifestyles or within the center, where they seek an individualized and comprehensive cluster of healing services.
We invest in our community’s well-being by offering a sanctuary to anyone who needs a healthy place – for a minute or for months. Our harm reduction philosophy is rooted in the practical and proven approach of meeting people on their own turf, on their own terms.
Our services seek to restore each participant’s basic human dignity and are offered free and anonymously to everyone. We measure our progress by the steady steps our participants take to regain their lives, health and self-respect. In our practice, healing is a process, not a destination.
Part Time – Health Coordinator for our Young Injection Drug User (IDU) Project
We are currently looking to fill 2 positions working on our Young IDU Project. These are part time positions for 30 hours a week that pays $12 per hour. The position does not include health benefits, but does have sick time and vacation time. The position is on a yearlong contract, but the contract has the potential to be extended into the future. The position is to work with young people (under the age of 30) who inject drugs and provide services such as HIV/Hepatitis C Testing, overdose prevention training, safer drug use and safer sex supplies, and connections to medical and mental health care. Our office is located on Westchester Ave. in the South Bronx, but this position requires outreach throughout the Bronx to reach Young IDUs in their communities. Although this position is primarily to work on the Young IDU contract, candidates should be aware they will also be providing case management services to program participants that are over the age of 30 as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Experience working with youth
- Intake & assessment of client needs
- Service plan development & implementation
- Case coordination
- Client Assistance
- Reassessment & Service Plan Updates
- Crisis intervention
- Conduct Multi-Session IDI
- Co-facilitate weekly group for YIDU
- Referrals and Follow Up with medical and other providers
- Attend case conferences
- Maintain Client Files
- Data Entry into AIRS
- Attend weekly team meetings
- Attend bi-weekly case conferences and staff trainings
- Case closures
- Outreach and case management services in the community and on the streets
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- Understanding of clinical and mental health issues affecting injection drug users
- Understanding of case management, advocacy, benefits and housing resources
- Understanding of Harm Reduction approach
- Case Management experience in a setting that serves individuals living who use drugs
- Demonstrated basic understanding of social issues related to HIV/AIDS
- Demonstrated basic understanding of social issues related to Hepatitis
- Knowledge of overdose prevention
- Experience with syringe exchange, participant recruitment, and outreach.
How to apply
please email a resume and a cover letter to Mike Selick at email@example.com – no calls please.