Hep C Texting Program Coordinator
Organization: Fund for Public Health in New York, Inc.
Position Reports to: Director of Program Implementation & Capacity Building, NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
See original job posting here
The Fund for Public Health in New York, Inc. (FPHNY) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, FPHNY implements programs to address pressing public health needs, fosters private sector support to enhance health and health care, and helps educate the public regarding the protection of individual, family, and community health.
The NYC DOHMH Viral Hepatitis Surveillance, Prevention and Control Program is seeking a full-time Program Coordinator for a grant funded Hepatitis C (HCV) Text Based Screening and Linkage to Care Project, which includes the development and distribution of a printed and online ‘Hepatitis C Screening Toolkit’ for medical providers. The project aims to increase rates of complete HCV diagnostic testing and linkage to HCV medical care and treatment in NYC. This position is contingent upon the availability of grant funds which are expected to continue through December 30, 2015.
The project will use DOHMH surveillance data to identify patients in need of HCV confirmatory testing or linkage to care services and send a text message to the patient to encourage progress along the continuum of care. In order to prepare medical programs to properly screen and refer patients to medical care, the project will develop a HCV Screening Toolkit which will be distributed to medical providers affiliated with the project. The project involves the following steps:
- Collaborate with project team including DOHMH communications and legal services to finalize a texting script and algorithm for this project
- Implement and monitor the texting program
- Collaborate with DOHMH communications to develop a print and online HCV screening toolkit for medical providers
- Distribute the toolkit to select NYC medical providers
- Evaluate the process continually and modify as needed to improve outcomes
- Report on the project at community meetings, conferences or through publications
- Coordinate and implement the project plan
- Work with the project epidemiology coordinator to query the surveillance system for the appropriate patients
- Work with Communications to finalize the texting script and algorithm
- Gain legal clearance for the project protocol, and IRB approval if required
- Manage the texting communications
- Evaluate the texting outcomes within the text and web software
- Coordinate the design, printing and distribution of the toolkit
- Conduct limited public health detailing with the toolkit
- Evaluate and report on the program
- Other duties as assigned
- Applicant must be a graduate level MPH, or related degree
- At least one year of project management experience
- Experience in communication tools development (health education materials or health promotion tools)
- Experience with Social Media messaging development
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Experience with graphic design software desired
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Salary is commensurate with experience. FPHNY offers a comprehensive benefit package.
FPHNY offers a competitive salary and benefits package. If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume, with cover letter including salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “HCV Texting Program Coordinator and your name” in the subject line.
The Fund for Public Health in New York, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a diverse pool of candidates to apply
Last Updated on December 17, 2017 by HepFree NYCTags: Program Coordinator