The major duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide day-to-day oversight of the Care Coordination program.
- Implement the Care Coordination services based on policies as required.
- Work with the Assistant Director to develop and monitor program deliverable.
- Leads interdisciplinary client related discussion and planning.
- Monitor team’s performance and ensure meeting the service goals and quota set by Apicha Department of Support Services.
Client Services –
- Ensure that issues/concerns encountered or raised at/by the clients are resolved; to ensure smooth operation of the program, including troubleshoot any crisis with clients.
- Assist or provide back-up to Care Coordinator.
- Under the leadership of Assistance Director of Support Services, assist to facilitate treatment adherence education workshops for the program’s clients and collaterals, as need.
Program and Services –
- Collaborates with external agencies and internal staff including clinical team to manage care coordination resources and partnership to target the neediest PLWHA for service.
- Working as a part of the unit at the quality assurance and continue quality improvement (CQI) tasks.
- Filed and response to telephone, e-mail, and other requests for information.
- Represent the agency at program related provider meetings as well as various venues to promote agency services.
Administrative and Supervisory –
- Provide supervision to Care Coordinator by face to face case discussion and performance reviews.
- Ensure the care coordination program staff maintain accurate records on the services and activities such as program registration, client-related pertinent documents, client’s interactions in designate database and reporting structures in accordance to the protocols and standards of Apicha’ s Department of Support Services within required time frame.
- Prepare and maintain administrative and business reports and records including staff and client travel and monthly expenses.
- Provide guidance including in-service training to the care coordination staff on services render to patients living with HIV/AIDS.
- Collects, prepares, and reports of services and activities completed in a timely manner.
- Participates internal and external meetings including assists as requested and appropriate.
- Recommend hiring of program staff assigned.
- Recruit and develop care coordination program staff including performance evaluation.
- Lead care coordination program staff in quality assurance and quality improvement activities.
- Ensure the program staff and clients conform to rules and regulations as required.
- Other activities as assigned
- BA/BS in nursing, health or human services field with four (4) years of qualifying experience. Advanced degree in above mentioned field with two (2) year of qualifying experience strongly preferred.
- Experience supervising paid staff a plus.
- Qualifying experience includes verifiable work with the target populations: individuals living with HIV/AIDS who are virally unsuppressed, Serious Mental Illness, and/or serious substance use disorders (SUDs).
- Fluency in one or more Asian languages is preferred.
- Appreciation of and commitment to Apicha’s mission and values.
- Excellent MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Familiarity with AIRS, eSHARE and/or eCW preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in both a collaborative as well as individual setting.
- Ability to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends.
- Must possess ability to interact with all levels of external and internal customers with a high level of professionalism and tact in representing Apicha CHC.
- Excellent customer service skills to assist in resolving member complaints.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – for both internal and external communications.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends at various venues required