“The Mount Sinai Recanati/Miller Transplantation Institute is currently participating in several Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C clinical trials. For more information about these clinical research opportunities, you may contact the Clinical Research Director by phone at 212-241-0255 or email at TXresearch@mountsinai.org”
A coalition of leading hepatitis C advocacy organizations and medical experts today called on Health and Human Services Secretary Sylvia Mathews Burwell to take leadership in eliminating harmful and discriminatory barriers to hepatitis C treatment access.
Advocacy, News, Government Affairs
The NYS attorney general has asked 16 health insurance companies for information on their coverage of Hepatitis C treatments, amid concerns that some companies are restricting coverage of the medications.
Action Alert | Sign-on Letter: Include HCV Screening at Medicare Welcome & Annual Visits (Due: 4/30)News
This action would greatly expand HCV testing among those born between 1945 and 1965 and mark a significant step forward in implementing the CDC’s testing guidelines.
NYS Hep C 'Baby Boomer' Testing Law Background on the Law Effective January 1, 2014, the NYS Hepatitis C Testing Law. 2171 requires healthcare providers to offer hep C test to baby boomers. The law requires full diagnostic testing for those who screen anti-body positive and ei...
Awareness Days, News
Join us to commemorate National Hepatitis Testing Day and Hispanic Hepatitis Awareness Day.
Governor Andrew M. Cuomo today signed a new law that will better protect baby boomer New Yorkers from Hepatitis C by requiring hospitals and health service providers to offer testing for the virus to all patients born between 1945 and 1965
News, Hepatitis B, Patient Stories
The Association of Asian Pacific Community Health Organizations (AAPCHO), today launched new a website highlighting stories of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (AAPIs) impacted by hepatitis B.The #justB website was created to bring more attention to hepatitis B and the impac...
Article | Excluding People Who Use Drugs or Alcohol from Hep C Treatment – Is This Fair, Given the Available Data?News
We will examine restrictions to assess whether they meet evidenced-based medical and public health criteria, and whether they satisfy the principle of justice.
- Job | Community Outreach and Education Manager @ American Liver Foundation January 24, 2020
- Viral Hep, HIV, STD Research Data Analyst @ California Health Dept January 23, 2020
- Job | Hepline Specialist @ American Liver FOundation January 16, 2020
- NY City Council Discretionary Funding Application (Due 2/18/2020) January 16, 2020
- REACH OUT – Support Loved One who is Using Opioids @ Mount Sinai REACH Program January 6, 2020
- Joint Hep B Coalition and Hep C Task Force Meeting Highlights | 12-11-2019 December 26, 2019
- Job | Hep B Navigator @ Philadelphia Health Dept. December 23, 2019