Last Updated on December 17, 2017 by wp-admin
Outreach Specialist Hep C at Ali Forney Center
This position is responsible for performing direct mobile and street outreach to LGBTQ homeless, runaway and street based LGBTQ youth and organizational outreach to community providers in order to connect youth to needed services through a referral process, escorting clients, reconnecting clients to their case managers, identifying new clients and connecting them to AFC, connecting to clients on the internet via social networking sites, and educating youth about HIV/STI and Hepatitis C.
Top Responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with street outreach team to actively engage young people on the street and at places where LGBTQ homeless, runaway and street-based youth congregate in order to connect them to services.
- Identify runaway and homeless LGBTQ youth who are of victims of or at risk of exposure to sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence and/or stalking potential clients for enrollment in the program.
- Provide internet based outreach by using social marketing websites to inform youth of AFC services and educate youth around dating violence and HIV/STI/HCV prevention.
- Cultivate relationships with schools, community-based organizations and coalitions by attending community events and by facilitating trainings and informational groups for our targeted population at other organizations.
- Represent the Ali Forney Center at community and provider meetings.
- Escort clients to case management and other appointments.
- Provide intake assessments.
- Provide crisis counseling, mediation, coverage and group activities at the Drop-in Center.
- Facilitate psycho educational groups.
- Attend weekly treatment planning meeting, Drop-in Center staff meeting, and individual supervision.
- Compile data for monthly reports and other statistical purposes.
High School Diploma
Strong communication skills. Cultural consciousness and competency required. General knowledge of HIV/AIDS and other sexually transmitted infection harm reduction strategies. Superior knowledge of outreach on social marketing sites a plus. At least two years of direct work with LGBT youth. Bilingual speaker preferred. Valid and clean NYS Driver’s License preferred; minimum of five (5) years of driving experience required. Must be able to work flexible day, evening and weekend hours. Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and comfort with Internet navigating software required.
Interested candidates should email resume and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the position, click hereTags: Hepatitis C Outreach Specialist