Who We Are
The Hispanic Federation (HF) is the nation’s premier Latino nonprofit membership organization. Founded in 1990, HF supports Hispanic families and strengthens Latino institutions through grantmaking and direct services in the areas of education, health, immigration, civic engagement, economic empowerment and the environment. Values that drive our work include equality, fairness, diversity and empathy.
Who We Seek
Hispanic Federation is offering an exciting opportunity to join our programs team as Director for Health Initiative to continue to develop the organization’s excellent track record in health programming. This position plays a key role in coordinating HF’s health advocacy programs and initiatives which includes the management of key partnerships, advocacy coalitions, and health disparities work.
We are looking for a detailed oriented individual with community health expertise and strong work ethic. In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for managing the operations of our health portfolio, working with internal and external parties to organize the various components of our initiatives and advocacy to successfully implement and execute program goals.
Position: Director for Health Initiatives
Position Location: New York City
Reports to: Assistant Vice President for Programs
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and coordinate programs and their activities
- Oversee implementation of program policies and practices
- Support program growth and development as necessary
- Manage program budgets, including tracking billing, payments, and other financial transactions
- Work with a team to design, present, recommend, and disseminate culturally appropriate health education materials to community and partners.
- Organize, manage, and recruit staff for community events
- Attend and campaign at different venues, such as health fairs, civic organizations, churches, and community centers to raise awareness about the program, and its available services.
- Assist in the development of written outreach and retention materials including flyers and brochures, newsletters, print media materials, and educational fact sheets.
- Plan and implement outreach activities that provide health and program information.
- Attend and campaign at different venues, such as Health fairs, civic organizations, churches and community centers to raise awareness about the program, and its available services.
- Monitoring and assessing the impact of local, state and federal developments on Latino community with regards to health disparities.
- Serve as an advocate and HF representative in policy forums, coalition meetings, including potentially providing testimony before legislative and regulatory bodies. state and local government
- Do monthly reporting and data collection.
- Develop social media and traditional media content.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Over 3-5 years of experience in health education and/or health community programming
- Experience with community-based outreach campaigns, community mobilization, and public health programs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and multitasking abilities
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
To Apply Please submit a résumé, cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications via e-mail to email@example.com. No telephone calls.
The salary range for this position is $50,000 – $60,000 and is commensurate with experience. Compensation includes a benefits package with medical, dental, vision and a 403 (B) retirement plan.