Last Updated on
Opioid Addiction Research Coordinator
Researchers at Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Montefiore Medical Center are conducting an NIH-funded study to examine whether providing opioid addiction treatment as part of a group is superior to one-on-one visits with a physician. The project will take place at a community health center in the Bronx. The Study Coordinator will participate in activities including: conducting 5-10 semi-structured interviews with buprenorphine treatment providers, development of group visit protocols, and conducting a randomized study with 80 buprenorphine patients assessing abstinence rates following the 16 week group-based intervention. Research visits will include computerized interviews, urine collection, observation of group visits, extraction of electronic medical records, and conducting in-person interviews with treatment providers and study subjects.
- Manage and analyze data; perform regular audits to ensure that collected data are complete and accurate, and research protocols are being followed.
- Collect urine specimens; supervise participant computer-assisted self-interviews; observe group visits and collect self-assessment materials; extract and examine medical records.
- Meet weekly with research team to discuss study progress.
Partner with IT and data management resources in the development and editing of databases.
- Draft reports, coordinate preparation of conference abstract and presentations related to the project.
Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s in Public Health or related field. Master’s Degree preferred
- At least two years’ experience conducting research; experience working with similar population preferred
- Fluency in English and Spanish preferred
- Clinical trials certification by SOCRA preferred
Skills and Competencies:
- As part of a team, must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities, work independently with minimal supervision, and adhere to study protocol
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, ACCESS, Excel, and SPSS, SAS, or other statistical software and ability to perform data analysis
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills required
- Must be detail oriented
- Outstanding judgment, initiative, and attention to detail are essential
- Can be relied upon to ensure that activities within areas of specific responsibility are completed in a timely manner and within budget
- Outline project goals and timelines and reviews progress at defined intervals
Please contact Aaron Fox at email@example.com with any inquiries.
Tags: Harm Reduction Opioids Research Coordinator