NY Immigration Coalition Health Advocacy Coordinator
- Conduct policy analysis on a range of immigrant health access issues, track developments, and write policy briefs;
- Work with the NYIC’s other senior staff to: advocate on issues affecting immigrant access to health care; identify systemic problems and define strategies for change; design and conduct advocacy campaigns and research studies; develop policy papers and proposals for funding; and engage in media relations and legislative briefings;
- Coordinate advocacy, including organizing media events, mobilizing organizations, developing coalitions and convening working groups, and negotiating with stakeholders;
- Make presentations and represent the NYIC at conferences, workshops, meetings and committees;
- Contribute to other organizational events and projects as necessary;
- Conduct focus groups and create a curriculum and train-the-trainer sessions for apublic education campaign; and
- Oversee the NYIC’s language access advocacy work in health care settings and monitoring implementation of language access laws in hospitals and clinics.
Highly organized with a demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle multiple, complex tasks. Ability to work effectively with all levels of stakeholders across diverse organizations. Experience in nonprofit setting, experience in health policy or administration, and demonstrated interest in social justice issues. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Master’s degree in public health, social work, law, policy or a related field a plus but not required. Experience working with community-based organizations, and media or legislative experience are desired. The Coordinator represents the NYIC in local, state, and national campaigns, and must possess excellent judgment, diplomacy, and communication skills. Excellent computer skills. Bi/multilingual ability preferred.
- Application deadline: June 24, 2013
- Education requirements: 4-year degree, Master’s degree in public health social work, law, policy or a related field a plus
- Languages needed: Bi/multilingual ability preferred
- Employment type: Full time
- Professional level: None specified
- Salary details: Commensurate with Experience
How to apply
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
Mail or e-mail resume, cover letter and salary history to:
137-139 West 25th Street, 12th Floor, New York, NY 10001
Please indicate Health Advocacy Coordinator position in the subject line.