NASTAD (National Alliance of State & Territorial AIDS Directors) is seeking an Associate, Hepatitis to serve on its Hepatitis Team. Recent graduates with an interest or experience in viral hepatitis, HIV, vaccine, and/or infectious disease are encouraged to apply. Please see the brief description below and forward to your networks.
NASTAD is a leading non-partisan non-profit association that represents public health officials who administer HIV and hepatitis programs in the U.S. and around the world. Our singular mission is to end the intersecting epidemics of HIV, viral hepatitis, and related conditions. We do this work by strengthening domestic and global governmental public health through advocacy, capacity building, and social justice.
Each of NASTAD’s seven programmatic teams—Health Care Access, Health Systems Integration, Policy & Legislative Affairs, Hepatitis, Health Equity, Prevention, and Global—interpret and influence policies, conduct trainings, offer technical assistance, and provide advocacy mobilization for U.S. health departments and ministries of health around the world to improve health outcomes for people living with HIV and hepatitis.
The Associate, Hepatitis will support NASTAD’s viral hepatitis program in providing technical assistance and capacity building to health departments throughout the nation to advance efforts related to integrated viral hepatitis prevention and surveillance activities. The ideal candidate will be motivated, highly organized, and able to follow through on tasks with minimal prompting. Demonstrated ability to execute projects in a timely manner and precise attention to detail are required. This position will report to the Senior Manager, Hepatitis and will be expected to work with other NASTAD teams, including Drug User Health, Prevention, Health Care Access, Health Systems Integration, and Health Equity to support cross-program collaborative activities.
- Support key activities under Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Technical Assistance for Viral Hepatitis Prevention and Surveillance cooperative agreement
- Support the Senior Manager, Hepatitis in the tracking and reporting of viral hepatitis technical assistance
- Contribute to Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning activities within the viral hepatitis program and overall NASTAD prevention portfolio
- Provide logistical and administrative support to the Hepatitis team related to health department conference calls, webinars, and in-person technical assistance and training events
- Support the delivery of tailored technical assistance to support health departments
- Assist with review and develop technical assistance resources to meet the needs of health departments
- Develop working relationships with health department staff members and respond in a timely manner to their needs
- Attend and represent NASTAD at conferences and participate in relevant external meetings
- Participate in staff meetings, team meetings, and trainings, as appropriate
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Fostering Teamwork: As a team member, the ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team.
- Oral Communication: The ability to express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others.
- Written Communication: The ability to express oneself clearly in business writing.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- A track record of creative problem-solving skills
- Experience and/or strong interest in working with qualitative and quantitative data, data systems, and monitoring and evaluation
- Experience keeping simultaneous projects running smoothly
- Comfort with taking initiative on projects with guidance from colleagues
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Demonstrated commitment to cultural humility/cultural responsiveness
- Customer service orientation
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications
- Prior experience or interest in public health, HIV, or a related field is preferred
- Bachelor degree or equivalent (4 years work experience equivalent to a Bachelor degree), and 1-3 years relevant work experience
- Prior experience working in public health and/or HIV desired
Environment and Scheduling
- Interest in working in an HIV/AIDS public health organization
- Interest in working within a diverse work environment
- Willingness to travel (approximately 10%)
We encourage people of diverse ages, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, disabilities, religions, races, ethnicities, socioeconomic statuses, work, and life experiences to apply. We recognize that to accelerate the end of the HIV and hepatitis epidemics; our workforce must be representative of groups that have been disproportionately impacted.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.