Last Updated on December 17, 2017 by wp-admin
Capacity Building Coordinator
In partnership with San Francisco Department of Public Health (SFDPH), this position will support the implementation of the SFDPH Harm Reduction Policy by providing Capacity Building Services (CBS) and training, as well as support the development of the Harm Reduction Training Institute (“Training Institute”).
Location: 1440 Broadway Suite 902 Oakland CA. 94612
Supervises: Program volunteers, interns and consultants.
Duties and Responsibilities:
San Francisco Department of Public Health (SFDPH) Harm Reduction Implementation
- In collaboration with Dope Project Manager and HRC CBS department, coordinate the delivery of trainings and CBS under SFDPH Harm Reduction Implementation Contract
- Deliver Harm Reduction trainings and CBS as required, including classroom & distance learning, for SFDPH-funded substance use and other agencies.
- Prioritize and implement recommendations vis-a-vis integrating overdose prevention into substance abuse treatment
- Develop partnerships with SFDPH funded agencies; develop relationships with shelters, SROs/housing agencies, and SFPD (informally assess needs)
- Provide TA and/or training to agencies.
- Conduct assessment of harm reduction training needs of contracted agencies regarding Training Institute
- Maintain close collaboration with SFDPH in implementation and rollout of SFDPH Harm Reduction Implementation.
- In collaboration with Dope Project Manager and HRC CBS department, recruit and vet facilitators/consultants under SFDPH Harm Reduction Implementation Contract
- In collaboration with Dope Project Manager and HRC CBS department, monitor contract deliverables to insure compliance.
SFDPH Harm Reduction Training Institute
- Twice monthly trainings starting in January 2016 ( e.g. HR Overview, OD Prevention, MI, De-escalation, and Working with Active Drug Users offered in ongoing rotation)
- Launch assessment of SF-wide needs and interests around HR training
- In collaboration with Dope Project Manager and HRC CBS department coordinate logistics for trainings, (e.g. materials, renting space)
- In collaboration with Dope Project Manager and HRC CBS department coordinate of training institute (securing consultants, contracts, planning calendars)
- Development of 2-3 curricula per year as requested by SFDPH
- In collaboration with Dope Project Manager and HRC CBS department ensure all evaluation and reporting requirements are met
- Maintain close collaboration with SFDPH in implementation and rollout.
- Prepare promotional materials as needed (e.g. flyers, brochures, etc.)
- Deliver trainings and CBS as required
- In collaboration with Special Projects Coordinator and CBS Program Coordinator, promote trainings and events using social media, among other platforms, and targeted outreach
- In collaboration with Special Projects Coordinator, manage program-related Facebook, twitter, and other online social media platforms
- In collaboration with Special Projects Coordinator and CBS Department, coordinate Online Training & Capacity Building Services events, webinars, and other distance learning activities
- Prepare promotional materials as needed e.g. flyers, brochures, etc.)
- Recommend facilitators to be used for future Training & Capacity Building Services, based on client feedback
- Attend staff and program meetings
- National HRC Conference – Assist in coordination of conference activities, including but not limited to, identification of speakers
- Attend conferences, career and internship fairs, and other events to promote HRC
- Contribute to grant writing opportunities that will help support the growth and development of the HRC CBS department
- Contribute to materials production, newsletter, training activities and special projects as needed.
- Additional duties as necessary
- Degree in public health-related discipline and a minimum of five years “hand-on” experience working in capacity-building, prevention-oriented public health programs, HIV/STI, community-level services, and diverse constituents or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and experience in training curricula design, development, and delivery
- Experience facilitating trainings and CBS
- Prior knowledge of harm reduction, drug user health and (LGBTQ) health issues
- Experience with event coordination
- Familiarity with marginalized populations and established commitment to cultural diversity and cultural competence Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with current technology: computers, networks and software, including Windows XP Professional programs such as Microsoft Suite, Outlook and databases such as MS Access, WordPress, FileMaker Pro
- Ability to prioritize, work semi-independently, and manage multiple responsibilities
- Highly detail-oriented, well-organized, and able to meet deadlines
- Experience with online learning and learning management systems
- Exceptional writing, editing, and oral communications skills
- Working knowledge of digital communications
Experience developing web and email-based communications and engagement strategies
How to apply
To apply, please e-mail cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls or visits please.