Hep B Coalition Meeting Highlights | 06-19-19
June 19 (3 PM – 5 PM) American Cancer Society, Manhattan
In Attendance: See Below
Hepatitis Delta, The Hidden Epidemic
Sierra Pellechio, BS, CHES, Health Outreach Coordinator, Hep B Foundation – email@example.com
- View full presentations here
- Hepatitis D (HDV) is not reportable to the NYC Health Department
- Hep B Foundation Liver Specialist Directory (U.S. and International)
- Hepatitis D Clinical Trial is opening in NYC
NYS Hepatitis C Elimination Plan – Background and History
Annette Gaudino, HIV/HCV Project Co-Director, Treatment Action Group – firstname.lastname@example.org
NYC Hepatitis B Elimination Planning
- Background: In 2018, Hep B Coalition partners sent a Letter to the Governorrequesting Hep B be included in a NYS Hepatitis Elimination Strategy. During the April 17th Hep B Coalition meeting, there was an NYC focused Hep B Elimination planning activity based on this worksheet to gain input from Hep B Coalition participants.
- At this meeting: the group learned about the Hep C Elimination Planning process in NYS, reviewed the summary of elimination activities recommended by Hep B Coalition meeting participants here.
- Next steps: integrate content above and draft a brief report for Coalition review.
Policy and Advocacy Updates
- New York City Council released the FY 2020 Budget and funded the Viral Hepatitis Initiative – once again! View the public budget here. (pg 82).
- Thanks to all the advocates for their hard work. Questions, contact Reed Vreeland, Housing Works – email@example.com.
- Res. 331/ S. Res. 177 – Adult HBV Vaccination Awareness Day Resolution: Expressing support for the designation of April 30 as “National Adult Hepatitis B Vaccination Awareness Day”.- 10 co-sponsors in the House – see list; 1 co-sponsor in the Senate – see list
- H.R. 3016 – the LIVER Act: To amend the Public Health Service Act to provide for and support liver illness visibility, education, and research, and for other purposes; 9 cosponsors – see list
- Coalition against Hepatitis in People of African Origin (CHIPO – NYC Chapter) – Farma Pene – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Seeking people to join the communications committee who are interested in raising awareness and being active on social media!
- Hep Free NYC participated in the CDC’s national Hepatitis Awareness Month Twitter Chat on June 13th, We had an engagement rate of 2.7%, 215 Likes and 105 retweets. View Hep Chat 2019 here. Communications – Shanaz Hosein – email@example.com
Hep B Patient Needed to Speak at NYS Immunization Meetings
New York State (NYS) Association of County Health Officials, along New York State and Local with health departments, are coordinating six regional adult immunization coalition meetings across NYS. They are looking for a Hepatitis B advocate who can speak how Hepatitis B impacted their life and advocate for adult vaccination. For more information and how to sign up, click here.
- World Hepatitis Day. July 28th.
- National African Immigrant and Refugee HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis Awareness (NAIRHHA) Day. September 9th.
- Planning an event? Let us know and we will post on our calendar and share.
See more upcoming events on our Community Calendar
- Hep B United Mini-Grants (Due August 16, 2019)
- HBV CARE Program (HBV – Linkage to CARe & Epidemiology in Special Populations). Gilead. (LOI Due September 15, 2019)
- NYSHealth Applications for Conference Scholarships (Rolling Deadline)
- Amy Tang Hep B Medical Director Charles B Wang Community Health Center firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ann Winters Medical Director, Viral Hepatitis DOHMH email@example.com
- Annette Gaudino HCV Project Co-Director Treatment Action Group firstname.lastname@example.org
- Christina Boynes Community Health Worker Bronx Lebanon email@example.com
- Daniel Castellanos Director of Programs Hispanic AIDS Forum firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deborah Min Project Coordinator NYU Center for Study Asian American Health email@example.com
- Dennis Robinson Specialty Pharmacy Account Executuve Acaria health William.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dilnora Azimova Intern DOHMH email@example.com
- Edward Wake Adult Immunization DOHMH-Immunization firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emmanuel Emeasoba Montifiore-Starfish Program email@example.com
- Farma Pene Health Care Access Specialist DOHMH firstname.lastname@example.org
- Frank Winter External Affairs Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services email@example.com
- Frida Abramov Associate Director, Medical Affairs Gilead Frida.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Halimatou Konte Hepatitis Coordinator African Services Committee email@example.com
- Henry Chang Global Health Consultant Liver Health Investment Fund firstname.lastname@example.org
- Janice Lyu Hep B Program Associate Charles B Wang Community Health Center email@example.com
- Joy Cambe Program Coordinator Empire Liver Foundation firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kathryn Styer HBV Therapeutic Specialist Gilead email@example.com
- Liz Tang Health Care Access Specialist DOHMH firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lucy Kingangi CDC PHAP Intern DOHMH email@example.com
- Mary Chiang Hep B Patient Navigator Charles B Wang Community Health Center firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nirah Johnson Director of Capacity Building DOHMH email@example.com
- Nyasha Malconi Hone Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
- Okhyun Ko Project Coordinator Korean Community Service email@example.com
- Paul Bolter Community Outreach/Education Manager American Liver Foundation firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paul Lee project coordinator kcs KCS Health <email@example.com>
- Paula Wong Educational Outreach Director H+EAL firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sarah Ahmed Communications and Community Engagement Coordinator DOHMH email@example.com
- Shannon Diaz Region Business Director Dynavax Technologies Shannon.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Umaima Khatun Program Coordinator DOHMH email@example.com
- Victoria Foster Program Manager NYU Center for Study Asian American Health Victoria.Foster@nyulangone.org
- Yanting (Kelly) Huang Data Manager DOHMH-Viral Hepatitis firstname.lastname@example.org