August 29, 2016 (3-5pm)
24 West 25th Street 9th Floor, New York, NY 10010
- Liver Health Panel Discussion at SAGE – World Hepatitis Day
SAGE held a liver health panel discussion for World Hepatitis Day. Panelists included Paul Bolter from American Liver Foundation, Diana Diaz-Munoz from the NYC Health Department, and Darrin Maxwell from Callen-Lorde. Around 30 people attended to learn about hepatitis and how to promote liver health.
- Participation in LGBT Pride
Over 500 LGBTQ Hepatitis Resource Cards were distributed throughout pride. Check out some photos here.
The following tasks were agreed upon at this meeting.
1. Create second version of LGBTQ Resource card.
- We have received a lot of positive feedback about the resource card.
- Members of the committee suggested working on a second version.
If you would like to help out with creating a second version, email Daniel with the following ideas and recommendations.
- Different imagery other than a rainbow Hep Free NYC logo.
- Another tag line. Right now it is “Be Proud. Be Hep Free.”
- Plan one or two activities by the end of the year. The following ideas were provided.
- Table at the 6th Annual Conference on Transgender Health (Friday October 7, 9-5 pm @ PACE University. More information and to register, click here
- Provide hepatitis information at Bronx Lebanon workshop “Trans* men and Men of Trans* masculine experience” (Thursday October 15)* Will send further info when available.
- Help Bronx Lebanon spread the HIV/Hep C awareness campaign aimed at the African American transgender community.
If you would like participate in any of these events/campaigns, email Daniel at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Andrew Bonfrancesco Supervisor Positive Health Project email@example.com
- Ari Harris LGBTQ Health Project Coordinator DOHMH firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bryan Medina Research and Evaluation Assistant Latino Commission on AIDS email@example.com
- Daniel Calder Outreach and Education Coordinator DOHMH firstname.lastname@example.org
- Derek McCracken Grad Student Columbia University email@example.com
- John Buie Outreach & Engagement Specialist Bailey House firstname.lastname@example.org
- Levi Solimine Transgender Health Specialist DOHMH email@example.com
- Lizzie Lovinger Collaboration and Outreach Associate DOHMH firstname.lastname@example.org
- Luiz Scaccabarrozzi Director of Health Policy & Advocacy Latino Commission on AIDS LScaccabarrozzi@latinoaids.org
- Marisa Lelia Behavioral Science Instructor/Social Worker Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center Department of Family Medicine email@example.com
- Paul Bolter Health Education American Liver Foundation firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ronni Marks Founder/ED HCMSG-The Hepatitis C Mentor and Support Group, Inc. email@example.com
- Simon Andrade LGBTQ Health Project Coordinator DOHMH firstname.lastname@example.org
- Timeka Toussaint Program Specialist BronxWorks email@example.com
Tags: LGBTQ Committee