April 13, 2016
The LGBT Community Center
In Attendance: See Below
Participants at this past meeting stated they have photos that could be used for the LGBTQ hepatitis resources. If you have these photos, please email Daniel at email@example.com
- SAGE will be hosting a panel discussion on hepatitis among GLBT elders, most likely in July.
- SAGE would like to provide hepatitis screening after the panel discussion. If your organization can help with screening, contact Porsha.
- If your organization would like to host a panel discussion, contact Daniel.
Hepatitis Personal Stories and Awareness Workshop for LGBTQ People
Derek McCracken, Columbia University (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Derek is currently conducting a Hepatitis Personal Stories and Awareness Workshop for Hep C Peer Navigators. For more information, click here
- The group decided it would be a good idea to create a workshop for LGBTQ people with hepatitis.
- If you organization would like to help develop this program and recruit participants, email Derek.
National Hepatitis Awareness Day Event – May 12th, 11:00 – 12:00 @ City Hall
Paul Bolter, American Liver Foundation (PBolter@liverfoundation.org)
- Numerous organizations will be participating at the National Hepatitis Awareness Day Event. For more information, click here
- It is important for LGBTQ organizations to be represented at the event. If you would like to participate, email Paul.
Review of Hepatitis Resource for Gay and Bisexual Men
- We have currently developed a resource for gay and bisexual men. We will also create one for transgender people, gay and bisexual women, and those co-infected with HIV and hepatitis C.
- We have received negative reviews of the photos on the resource. If you have photos that would be appropriate for the resource, email Daniel.
Raising awareness about Hepatitis at Pride events in June
- If your organization will be tabling at Pride, please email Daniel.
- We would like tables to distribute the hepatitis resources.
- If you have any further ideas on how we raise can awareness about hepatitis at Pride, let the group know.
- Andrew Bonfrancesco, Supervisor, Positive Health Project, email@example.com
- Anthony Albanese, HIV Services Coordinator, LGBT Community Center, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Christina Molieri, HIV Prevention Manager, The Pride Center of Staten Island, email@example.com
- Cinthia Castro, Patient Navigator, Harlem United, Ccastro@harlemunited.org
- Daniel Calder, Community Outreach and Education Coordinator, NYC Health Dept, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Derek McCracken, Grad Student, Columbia University, email@example.com
- Ernesto Zagar, Co-Facilitator, the Barbershop, GMHC, ernestoz@GMHC.org
- John Buie, Outreach & Engagement Specialist, Bailey House, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Keyiana Puryear, Senior Outreach Coordinator, Bridging Access to Care, Kpuryear@bac-ny.org
- Leanne Demery, Program Specialist, BronxWorks, email@example.com
- Porsha Hall, SAGE, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paul Bolter, Community Outreach and Education Manager, American Liver Foundation Greater New York, PBolter@liverfoundation.org
- Ronni Marks, Founder/ED, HCMSG-The Hepatitis C Mentor and Support Group, Inc., email@example.com
- Russell Perry, Associate Chairman Family Medicine, Bronx Lebanon, PERRYMD@AOL.COM
- Vijou Bryant, Project Connect Coordinator, APICHA, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tags: LGBTQ Committee