Hep Free NYC – Patient Navigator Network Meeting HighlightsJanuary 27, 2016 – American Liver Foundation
Members of the Hep Free NYC Patient Navigator Network met to discuss plans for strengthening and improving the Patient Navigator Network in 2016. Below are highlights of the meeting.
Report on Survey Results
Daniel Calder, NYC Health Department (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Patient Navigators were asked to complete a survey before the meeting. The survey was designed to get a better understanding of the job titles and responsibilities of members of the network, as well as their recommendations for improving the network. To view the results of the survey, click here
- Mount Sinai – Project H.E.A.L.S Patient Navigator Program consists of four patient navigators and 1 outreach community worker.
- The basic roles of the patient navigators are to increase appointment adherence, improve care coordination, and increase treatment initiation.
- The Project H.E.A.L.S Patient Navigator Program has a specific model of implementation that can be helpful for other patient navigators. To learn more about the Program and its model, click here
NYC Health Department Patient Navigator Programs And Opportunities
Nirah Johnson, NYC Health Department (email@example.com)
Melissa Ip, NYC Health Department (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Diana Diaz-Munoz, NYC Health Department (email@example.com)
The NYC Health Department has a wealth of resources and opportunities for patient navigators, including:
- Check Hep B Patient Navigation Program supports free Hep B Patient Navigation and provides funding and valuable resources for participating organizations. If your organization would like to participate voluntarily, email Daniel Calder at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check Hep C Patient Navigation Program aims to increase hepatitis C screening, linkage to care and treatment in NYC, particularly in areas of the city with the greatest health disparities. The Program provides funding to participating organizations for linkage to care and care coordination services. If your organization would like to participate voluntarily, email Daniel Calder at email@example.com
- Check Hep C Health Promotion Manual, Check Hep C Care Plan, and Check Hep C Treatment Planning Form. For these resources, email Melissa Ip at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hep C Peer Navigation materials, including a health education pocket card, appointment reminder and patient rights pocket card, and steps for Hep C care and cure factsheet. For these resources, email Diana Diaz-Munoz at email@example.com
- Hepatitis Services Site Locators to connect patients to hepatitis care and services
- Hepatitis Patient Care Services for under-insured and uninsured
- NYC Liver Health: Hep B & C Mobile App: Download for free on Androidor iPhone
- Hep B & C Education Resources
Paul Bolter, American Liver Foundation (firstname.lastname@example.org)
How can we strengthen the Patient Navigator Network?Tags: Patient Navigator Committee