Study Interviewer – National HIV Behavioral Surveillance (NHBS) Project
Program Description: (CDC – NHBS, Remote Position)
The National HIV Behavioral Surveillance Study (NHBS) is an annual CDC-sponsored project in New York City and other participating sites. The project is aimed at measuring HIV prevalence, testing, access to and utilization of HIV prevention services and risk behaviors among groups at increased risk for HIV. For 2022, we will be conducting a survey cycle among people who inject drugs (PWID). Participants will undergo an interviewer-administered survey, be offered testing for HIV and Hep C, and linked to care and services. Participants will be recruited via respondent driven sampling (RDS), a peer-recruitment method.
Title: Study Interviewer
Pay: $27/ hour
Hours: 30 hours maximum per week
Hired staff will be conducting confidential standardized quantitative interviews with PWID through videoconferencing. Staff in this position: 1) must adhere to strict detailed survey research protocols; 2) ability to comply with strict protocols for confidentiality; 3) must have strong attention to detail; and 4) have ability to establish rapport with diverse racial/ethnic, socioeconomic, and sexual orientation groups. Training will be provided. Interviewers will be expected to maintain confidentiality, effectively communicate with their supervisor daily, and be on time for all study appointments.
- Conduct a 45-minute computer-administered survey with participants through a video-conferencing platform.
- Screen potential participants for eligibility and obtain informed consent.
- Maintain data integrity (i.e., all data collected accurately represents the information provided by a participant).
- Accurately document participant information for the eligibility screener, consent form(s), questionnaire, and Participant Tracking Form.
- Drop off electronic data and paper forms to project office, once a week.
- Participate in required trainings.
- Assist with other related duties as assigned.
Applicant must have:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Familiarity with video-conferencing software, such as Microsoft Teams.
- Ability to learn and use computerized interview programs.
- Strong communication skills.
- Preferred Skills
- Fluent in Spanish.
- Experience working with PWID
- Experience in conducting research interviews.