Job | HONE Project Coordinator Position @ Mount Sinai Hospital
The Hepatitis Outreach Network (HONE) Project Coordinator manages the hepatitis B and C screening and linkage to care program conducted by the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. The program aims to screen 500 at-risk individuals annually for hepatitis B and C. The HONE Project Coordinator collaborates with community organizations to conduct community-based viral hepatitis screening and linkage to care. S/he shall assure the program’s progress by building partnerships with communities at risk for viral hepatitis, organizing and scheduling education and screening events, linking positive persons to care at Mount Sinai Hospital and our linkage to care affiliates, data entry and conducting quality assurance and improvement of the project. The HONE Project Coordinator will also be expected to provide direct client services and conduct counseling, phlebotomy, follow-up, and referral services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direct hepatitis B and C pre- and post-test counseling.
- Collect hepatitis B and C blood samples (i.e., phlebotomy).
- Order laboratory tests and submit blood samples in a timely manner.
- Refer hepatitis B and C positive individuals to follow up care accordingly.
- Collaborate with HONE and gastroenterology, liver, and infectious disease clinics to ensure client engagement and maintenance in care for hepatitis B and C positive individuals.
- Manage data entry through the supervision and training of data entry staff and volunteers.
- Conduct quality assurance and improvement of education, counseling, testing, referrals, follow-ups, reporting, and data collection
- Write and present abstracts, updates and reports on the findings and status of the program and work with grant writers to secure future funding for the program.
- Represent and advocate for HONE through annual events, coalition meetings, and/or conferences.
- Adhere to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996 in order to maintain patient confidentiality.
- Oversee program operations including ordering and inventory of supplies.
- Contact patients with positive screens that do not have follow-up medical care and provide link to care services
- Communicate effectively and professionally with people, members of the health care team and project leadership
- Participate in expansion of viral hepatitis screening efforts at additional health partners sites
- Maintain linkage to care agreements with federally qualified health centers/ community health centers for undocumented and uninsured patients
- Contribute to scholarship activities including presentations and manuscript development
- Oversees all research related activities associated with the project including development/maintenance of IRB documents in a timely manner
- Prepares and ensures grant applications, IRB/GCO documents are submitted.
- Assists the Principal Investigator in the preparation of new protocol submissions, protocol amendments, and renewals of ongoing research projects related to HONE.
- Obtains informed consent under supervision of the Principal Investigator, for studies enrolling vulnerable subjects, and for studies involving genetic tests.
- Evening and/or weekend hours may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in sciences ore related field is required, Master’s degree preferred
- Bilingual in one of the following languages is preferred: Spanish, French or Chinese
- Full Time
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and other computer software including EPIC
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both spoken and written
- At least two (2) years experience in clinical care and/or research
- Phlebotomy certified (or willingness to obtain)
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Program management experience preferred
- Fluency in Microsoft Office required
Title: Project Coordinator
Responsible to: Project leadership – Ponni Perumalswami and Lina Jandorf
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Department: Medicine, Division of Liver Diseases
To Apply: Please email letter of interest and CV to:
Ponni Perumalswami, MD