Last Updated on December 17, 2017 by wp-admin
Events Manager at American Liver Foundation
The American Liver Foundation (ALF) is the nation’s leading non-profit organization promoting liver health and disease prevention. ALF provides research, education and advocacy for those affected by liver-related diseases, including hepatitis.
Manager will be responsible for fundraising development and work under the direction of the Executive Director to ensure the success of the division’s special events initiatives and to achieve its financial goals. The Manager will also participate in and manage the establishment of systems and protocols for the division Liver Life Walk/Flavors/Challenge and other fundraising event. The Manager must also be able to anticipate, plan, prioritize and react to changing needs and situations with professionalism and integrity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Overseeing all elements of fundraising activities
- Recruiting corporate sponsors and building relationships with company representatives
- Recruiting walk teams and committees
- Identifying target audiences and building appropriate marketing and recruitment strategies for participants and volunteers
- Conducting and coordinating all logistical aspects of events
- Training and cultivating volunteers for all events
- Implementing plans for assigned fundraising events
- Adhering to ALF campaign standards
- Coordinating promotional, marketing and media activities
- Preparing and maintaining financial records and statistical reports
- Monitoring and forecasting of each event/activity budget
- Assisting in the development and implementation of other division activities
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in meeting fundraising goals preferably in a similar non-profit environment. Non-Profit experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish results through strong volunteer recruitment and management
- Highly effective organization, multi-tasking, attention to detail, oral and written communication, negotiation, results-driven, and interpersonal skills
- Must be comfortable on the phone and talking with diverse constituents and able to use multimedia communications, such as Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Team Player-committed to promoting the growth and success of ALF & the division
- High value on transparency, operate with a sense of urgency and driven by self-motivation
- Must have the highest level of service excellence, leadership capabilities, accountability, and superior stewardship
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Convio/Blackbaud
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including occasional nights/or weekend work and some travel
- Reliable transportation and valid DL and insurance required
- Ability to stand for extended periods and lift 25 pounds
HOW TO APPLY:
Position location is 10451 181st Lane NW, Elk River, MN, 55330. Please submit cover letter and resume, and salary requirements to be reviewed. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The position description is a guide to the critical duties and essential functions of the job, not an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, qualifications, physical demands and work environment conditions. Position descriptions are reviewed and revised to meet American Liver Foundation’s changing needs, at the sole discretion of management.
The American Liver Foundation (ALF) will aspire to involve every segment of the community in every aspect of its work and will demonstrate its commitment to and accountability for an inclusive environment in which differences are recognized, respected, valued and celebrated.