Last Updated on
Policy Associate at The AIDS Institute
The AIDS Institute is seeking applicants for: Policy Associate
Leading national HIV/AIDS and hepatitis public policy, advocacy, research, and education organization seeking a Policy Associate to work in its Washington DC office.
Successful applicant will:
- Assist in implementing broad range of domestic HIV/AIDS and hepatitis policy objectives before the U.S Congress and the Executive agencies.
- Focus principally in the areas of appropriations for the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program, including the AIDS Drug Assistance Program, policy issues, and appropriations associated with CDC HIV and hepatitis prevention programs, NIH AIDS Research, HUD’s AIDS housing program, and general viral hepatitis advocacy.
- Work closely with national partner organizations and key stakeholders.
- Provide issue based analysis and communicate with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in the federal legislative and budget process.
- Basic understanding of HIV and hepatitis in the United States and federal programs associated with HIV and hepatitis.
- Strong interest in advancing responsible HIV/AIDS and viral hepatitis public policy.
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 3-5 years of post-education related professional experience.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to demonstrate and maintain good relationships with internal and external collaborators and stakeholders.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent team work skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Demonstration of proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Good written and oral communication skills, including public speaking.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and meet multiple deadlines.
- Experience working on Capitol Hill or within a related federal agency.
In order to be considered for the position, please email the following by August 22, 2014 to: Human Resources at HR@theaidsinstitute.org
- Cover letter and resume preferably attached as one document in Microsoft WORD or PDF.
- Subject line of email must read: “Policy Associate – __[Your Name]___”
- No telephone calls please.