Team HBV NYC at Korean Community Services
The intern will be part of the Team HBV advisory board and will assist with the implementation and evaluation of educational and screening events for Hepatitis B in the Asian American community.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Help conduct outreach to schools, undergraduate universities, and youth community based organizations for partnerships.
- Coordinate evaluation summary process for grant duration.
- Assist with implementation of other programs and special events as needed.
- Attend outreach events and monthly board meetings.
- Administrative duties.
- Other tasks/assignments as assigned.
Related Skills or Knowledge
- Current undergraduate student
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity of and language proficiency in the following communities: Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean
- Computer literacy, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, team oriented, and committed.
- Previous Public Health/Community Based Organization experience preferred.
- Interns must be committed for the entirety of the program (Ends July 2017).
This is an unpaid internship. Interns will only have to come in to the office 2-3 times a month for meetings; most of the work can be done remotely. Schedule will be flexible. Some travel is required for outreach events; interns must have access to a reliable mode of transportation or access to public transportation. All training and mentorship will be given by Dr. Amy Tang, Hepatitis B Program Director and Internist from the Charles B. Wang Community Health Center and other partner members. Letters of recommendations will be given if needed.
About Team HBV NYC
Team HBV is a national initiative that supports students to raise awareness about Hepatitis B in their communities. Team HBV NYC is funded by Hep B United and supported by the NYC Hepatitis B Coalition and Korean Community Services Public Health and Research Center. For more information on Team HBV, please visit our website at http://teamhbv.org/ and https://hepfree.nyc/teamhbv/
Please send a completed application and resume to: Giyoung Lee, Team HBV NYC leader, at firstname.lastname@example.org