Associate, Health Care Access & Viral Hepatitis (NASTAD)
View original posting on NASTAD website: www.nastad.org/employmentopportunity.aspx
Position Title: Associate, Health Care Access and Viral Hepatitis
Salary Range: $40,000 – $50,000 Range – Commensurate with Experience
Location: Washington, D.C.
Reports To: Senior Manager, Health Care Access
Purpose and Description
The Associate provides overall support to NASTAD’s Domestic Health Care Access and Viral Hepatitis programs charged with advancing and asserting the role and authority of health department HIV care and treatment and viral hepatitis programs in the U.S. In particular, the Associate’s core activities support the Health Care Access’ team work in monitoring and providing technical assistance to health department AIDS Drug Assistance Programs (ADAPs). The Associate works closely with senior staff to analyze data related to the ADAP Monitoring Project and on all activities related to the NASTAD national technical assistance cooperative agreement with the HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA). The position also works to advance viral hepatitis access to care through the provision of technical assistance to health department viral hepatitis programs and collaboration with NASTAD policy and legislative affairs staff. The Associate works closely with Health Care Access and Viral Hepatitis staff to advance communication and information dissemination through conference calls, webinars, newsletters and website maintenance. The Associate participates in relevant programmatic meetings, coalition and networking activities, as assigned.
Under the direction of Domestic Programs staff, the Associate also works closely with NASTAD members to communicate relevant experiences of governmental public health to other health departments, federal and national partners.
- Provide support for NASTAD technical assistance activities across Health Care Access and Viral Hepatitis programming, including data analysis related to the National ADAP Monitoring Project
- Perform data entry
- Edit drafts of NASTAD documents before publication
- Provide website support for the Health Care Access and Viral Hepatitis
- Manage listservs for the Health Care Access and Viral Hepatitis programs
- Provide support to NASTAD’s members through responsive and innovative messaging of current successes and challenges
- Provide meeting and conference support including tracking registration, following-up on travel support, ensuring materials are distributed, etc. in collaboration with NASTAD’s Operations staff, as appropriate Associate, HCA & VH
- Support NASTAD’s Guiding Principles and encourage open, honest, and direct communication at all times
- Other duties as assigned
- Independent worker
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comfort working within a “matrix” management environment
- Strong organizational and work management skills
- Ability to multitask several projects at any given time while maintaining strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of HIV, viral hepatitis, STD and TB prevention and care issues
- Ability to work successfully in teams
- Ability to work and communicate within a culturally diverse environment
- Capacity to complete projects in a timely manner
- Strong proficiency in all Microsoft office applications
- Proficiency with data analysis software, specifically SPSS and Microsoft Excel
Bachelor’s degree or higher in public policy, public health or related fields; Minimum of two (2) or more years of work experience related to HIV or viral hepatitis policies and programs; or, any equivalent combination of training, education, and/or experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
Visual Acuity, Hearing, and Speaking
Excellent verbal and written command of the English language
Environment and Scheduling
- Interest in working with a national HIV/AIDS and viral hepatitis public health organization
- Interest in working within a diverse environment
- This position is classified FLSA non-exempt.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should apply by e-mail only to HumanResources@NASTAD.org.
Subject line should read “Associate, Health Care Access and Viral Hepatitis” only. A cover letter and resume should be attached. Submissions which do not follow the above instructions will not be considered as applicants.
Due to the extremely high volume of resumes submitted, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS in reference to this position will be accepted.Tags: Hepatitis C & HIV