American Liver Foundation Event Coordinator (NY)
Posted on: January 26, 2013 Posted by: American Liver Foundation, National Office
The position description is a guide to the critical duties and essential functions of the job, not an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, qualifications, physical demands and work environment conditions. Position descriptions are reviewed and revised to meet American Liver Foundation’s changing needs, at the sole discretion of management.
TITLE: Event Coordinator
LOCATION: New York, NY
REPORTS TO: Director of Development
The individual will be responsible for the development, coordination and implementation of all Chapter special events and programs. Reporting to the Director, Development the individual will develop and implement a plan of work to ensure the successful achievement of events – fundraising and outreach/education goals. Additional duties including the daily operations of the Chapter as needed.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In collaboration with the Director, prepare and implement the strategic initiatives of the Chapter and all related fund-raising activities.
- Coordinate 3 New York area Liver Life Walk events and one honoree Gala dinner.
- Contribute to the public relations and marketing strategies that support fund-raising activities, including web-based fundraising and communications.
- Must interact effectively with donors, board members, volunteers and co-workers.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
- Handle all duties pertaining to production of collateral materials, such as brochures, fundraising materials, invitations etc.
- Coordinate fundraising and program service events and activities to include the following:
- Maintain donor database and records.
- Maintain Foundation website and social media pages as needed.
- Coordinate acknowledgements and process daily donations.
- Manage online event fundraising program
- Secure vendors and process invoices
- Volunteer recruitment and training.
- Flexibility to work outside of job description parameters
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent planning, budgeting and organizational skills.
- Strong writing, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to prioritize and organize activities while working within deadlines.
- Self-motivated with initiative and independent actions within the scope of responsibilities.
- Valid New York State Liscense and willing to drive a company designated van.
At least two years experience with not-for-profit organizations preferred
Experience working on an Auction or high end event.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) required.
- Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends and be able and willing to lift/move event related materials weighing up to 25 lbs.
HOW TO APPLY
Subject line of e-mail must include “Event Coordinator”
The American Liver Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, offering comprehensive benefit programs, a team environment, training and support, and all resources required to ensure that employees succeed in meeting personal and team goals. Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume and salary history expectations to email@example.com.
Position is located in New York City
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!