Last Updated on December 17, 2017 by wp-admin
Part-Time Program Assistant at NYC Health Department
The NYC DOHMH Viral Hepatitis Surveillance, Prevention and Control Program is seeking a part-time Program Assistant for a grant-funded Hepatitis C (HCV) Text Based Linkage to Care Project, which includes the development and distribution of a printed and online “Hepatitis C Screening and Linkage to Care Toolkit” for medical providers and development of a medical provider website. The project will use DOHMH surveillance data to identify patients in need of HCV confirmatory testing or linkage to care services and send a text message to the patient to encourage progress along the continuum of care. The project aims to increase rates of complete HCV diagnostic testing and linkage to HCV medical care and treatment in NYC.
- Support program coordinator to implement and monitor the texting program
- Support dissemination of the HCV Screening Toolkit to select NYC medical providers
- Support project evaluation
- Support project reporting at community meetings, conferences or through publications
- Support website update and maintenance
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Applicant must have a Bachelor’s degree, preferably a graduate MPH student, or related degree
- Experience in communication tools development (health education materials or health promotion tools)
- Experience with social media messaging development
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Work Location: 42-09 28th Street Queens, NY 11101
Phone: (646) 710-4860 § www.fphny.org
Job Title: Program Assistant (Part-Time, Temporary)
Organization: Fund for Public Health in New York, Inc.
The Fund for Public Health in New York, Inc. (FPHNY) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, FPHNY implements programs to address pressing public health needs, fosters private sector support to enhance health and health care, and helps educate the public regarding the protection of individual, family, and community health.
Position Reports to: Director of Program Implementation & Capacity Building, NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH)
Salary: $20.00 per hour
Hours Per Week: 28 hours per week
Length of Position: 4 months
FPHNY offers a competitive salary and benefits package. If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume, with cover letter including salary requirements, to email@example.com. Please indicate “Program Assistant” and your name in the subject line.
The Fund for Public Health in New York, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a diverse pool of candidates to apply.Tags: Hepatitis C Part Time Program Assistant