Elmhurst Hospital Hepatitis B & C Patient Navigator
The Check Hep B/C Patient Navigator will provide the following services to support linkage to medical care, retention in care, and treatment:
· Outreach and enrollment
· Patient navigation assessment
· Patient navigation care plan
· Linkage to HCV/HBV medical care
· Medical interpretation (if fluent in language and certified)
· Referrals and assistance in accessing supportive services
· Accompaniment to medical appointments, when necessary
· Reminders for appointments (i.e., calls, letters, text messages, emails, telegrams)
· Health promotion
· Alcohol screening and counseling
· Case conference with medical provider
· Treatment readiness and adherence counseling
· Medication/pharmacy assistance (e.g., supporting prior authorization or patient assistance program applications)
· Discharge/transition planning
· Fulfilling operational and administrative program duties, including reporting program activities and progress to DOHMH.
· Patient Navigator must have a Bachelor’s degree or higher.
· Patient Navigators must be proficient in Microsoft Office including MS Word and Excel.
· Knowledge of hepatitis B and hepatitis C (Some training will be provided)
· Health care related experience
· Experience with working with a diverse patient population
· Fluent in more than one language
· Previous experience as a Patient Navigator