Our mission at Apicha Community Health Center is to improve the health of our community and to increase access to comprehensive primary care, preventative health services, mental health, and supportive services. We are committed to excellence and to providing culturally competent services that enhance the quality of life. We advocate for and provide a welcoming environment for underserved and vulnerable people, especially Asians and Pacific Islanders, the LGBT Community and individuals living with and effected by HIV/AIDS.
The major duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide day-to-day oversight of the Care Coordination program.
- Implement the Care Coordination services based on policies as required.
- Work with the Assistant Director to develop and monitor program deliverable.
- Leads interdisciplinary client related discussion and planning.
- Monitor team’s performance and ensure meeting the service goals and quota set by Apicha
- Department of Support Services.
- Ensure that issues/concerns encountered or raised at/by the clients are resolved; to ensure smooth operation of the program, including troubleshoot any crisis with clients.
- Assist or provide back-up to Care Coordinator.
- Under the leadership of Assistance Director of Support Services, assist to facilitate treatment adherence education workshops for the program’s clients and collaterals, as need.
- Collaborates with external agencies and internal staff including clinical team to manage care coordination resources and partnership to target the neediest PLWHA for service.
- Working as a part of the unit at the quality assurance and continue quality improvement (CQI) tasks.
- Filed and response to telephone, e-mail, and other requests for information.
- Represent the agency at program related provider meetings as well as various venues to promote agency services.
Administrative and Supervisory
- Provide supervision to Care Coordinator by face to face case discussion and performance reviews.
- Ensure the care coordination program staff maintain accurate records on the services and activities such as program registration, client-related pertinent documents, client’s interactions in designate database and reporting structures in accordance to the protocols and standards of Apicha’ s Department of Support Services within required time frame.
- Prepare and maintain administrative and business reports and records including staff and client
travel and monthly expenses.
- Provide guidance including in-service training to the care coordination staff on services render to patients living with HIV/AIDS.
- Collects, prepares, and reports of services and activities completed in a timely manner.
- Participates internal and external meetings including assists as requested and appropriate.
- Recommend hiring of program staff assigned.
- Recruit and develop care coordination program staff including performance evaluation.
- Lead care coordination program staff in quality assurance and quality improvement activities.
- Ensure the program staff and clients conform to rules and regulations as required.
- Other activities as assigned.
- BA/BS in nursing, health or human services field with four (4) years of qualifying experience. Advanced degree in above mentioned field with two (2) year of qualifying experience strongly preferred.
- Experience supervising paid staff a plus.
- Qualifying experience includes verifiable work with the target populations: individuals living with HIV/AIDS who are virally unsuppressed, Serious Mental Illness, and/or serious substance use disorders (SUDs).
- Fluency in one or more Asian languages is preferred.
- Appreciation of and commitment to Apicha’s mission and values.
- Excellent MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Familiarity with AIRS, eSHARE and/oreCW preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in both a collaborative as well as individual setting.
- Ability to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends.
- Must possess ability to interact with all levels of external and internal customers with a high level of professionalism and tact in representing Apicha CHC.
- Excellent customer service skills to assist in resolving member complaints.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – for both internal and external communications.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends at various venues required
Apply here by typing Care Coordination Team Leader in the search bar.
Last Updated on November 23, 2022 by HepFree NYC