Last Updated on
The CASAC Assessment Specialist will function as consultants to ACS, under the supervision of The Child Center of NY Team Coordinator/Director and will be located full time within one of the ACS Field Office Sites. We are looking to hire 4 CASACs – 3 for our Bronx locations & 1 in Queens.
- Assess and determine whether client is using/abusing and/or dependent on substances
- Recommendations will be made based for community based services based on the level of care needed
- Keep statistics of clients served as part of a monthly progress report for ACS/OASIS
- Participate in monthly CASAC meetings with OASAS
- To help interpret results of alcohol/drug screenings conducted by EDNY or other service providers
- Participate in Family Team Meetings and Child Safety Conferences to assist ACS workers with engagement of ambivalent clients.
- Perform training for child welfare staff to teach red flags of drug use and abuse. Trainings will be focused on teaching ACS workers about the progressive nature of addiction as well as the impact of drug use and abuse on parent’s capacity to parent/function. To teach the impact of substance abuse on familial homeostasis and
how this disruption may manifest negatively in the emotional, social and academic wellbeing of the child(ren)
- CASAC II
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of clinical experience.
- Experience with working with ACS and MICA populations preferred.
The Child Center of NY began in 1953 as a children’s counseling center in Queens. Today, we are a powerful community presence throughout NYC, reaching more than 26,000 children and their families each year. Our mission is to strengthen children and families with skills, opportunities, and emotional support to build healthy,
successful lives. We guide children from birth to adulthood with evidence-based, innovative programs that engage them with school and help them become secure, capable, and confident.