Last Updated on December 17, 2017 by wp-admin
Interns | Office of Councilmember Mark Levine District 7
The office of Councilmember Mark Levine in District 7 (Upper West Side Manhattan – Washington Heights) is looking for interns who can work a minimum of 10 hours per week.
Available Internship Tracks:
- Community Relations Track – Suitable for MSW, Master in Sociology, Community Organizers, etc.
- Policy/Legislative/Budget Track – Suitable for Law School Students, MPA, Political Science, etc.
- Politics/Communication Track– Suitable for Communication Students, MPA, Political Science, etc.
- Web Developer/IT Track – Suitable for someone looking to build out their portfolio. Knows how to build a customizable website.
What You Get:
- Knowledge – Renowned Brown bag series with speakers from the New York Government, Policy, and Nonprofit world
- An ‘in on the ground floor’ – This is our first year in office and you will get to experience how to build and operate a legislative office from day one
- Access – New York City politics is a small world and we like to introduce people around. You will have the chance to interact with players at all level of governments every day.
- Experience – There is nothing like doing the work. You will be making copies (we all do) but you will also be representing the council member in community meetings, interacting with constituents, attending legislative meetings, drafting policy papers, etc. This is the real deal.
- Fun – We believe in working hard and enjoying ourselves in the process. We are a group of fun, energetic and friendly people who like to work, triage, serve, create policy, talk and have fun. If you match this description you will fit right in.
What YOU Give:
- Commitment – be willing to roll up your sleeves and do the work. We are looking for folks who want to dive-in, learn and excel. Minimum time commitment for part-time internship is 10 hours per week, 25 hours for full-time internship. Credit is available.
- Professionalism- If you join our team we think of you as a representative of the Council Member. As such, you have to practice the utmost of professionalism and respect in your internal and external conduct.
- Team player – Be part of a greater mission in building and maintaining a city that we continue to be proud to live in and call home.
- Credentials – High achieving rock stars!!
Please send a current resume, cover letter and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org – We will contact you for an interviewTags: Internship Part Time