Hep B Coalition Meeting Highlights | 12-12-18
December 12 (3 PM – 5 PM) American Cancer Society, Manhattan
www.hepfree.nyc #HepFreeNYC #EndHepatitis
In Attendance: See Below
Hepatitis A, B and C in New York City: 2017 Annual Report
- This report is published annually, it is mandated by City Council.
- Meeting participants reviewed and provided feedback to improve the report for next year during the meeting. Please provide any additional feedback here.
National Hep B Policy and Advocacy Update
Rhea Racho, Public Policy and Program Manager, Hepatitis B Foundation – firstname.lastname@example.org
- View full presentations here.
- #justB Campaign: Raising Awareness, Combating Stigma, and Empowering Patients
- 2019 patient storyteller application
- Encourage patients to talk about their experience, refer them to #justB campaign for support and link patients to other HBV patients to normalize treatment in NYC
- Help with education/outreach to new Members of Congress in 2019 – send emails/messages, set up meetings, build relationships with staff
- Invite policymakers (federal, state, local) and agency representatives to see your organization in action – site visits, screenings, community events, receptions, etc.
- Sign up for the Hep B United Action Center!
Policy and Advocacy Update
NYS Hepatitis B Elimination Strategy
Janice Lyu, Charles B Wang Community Health Center – email@example.com
- Letter to the Governor requesting Hep B be included in a NYS Hepatitis Elimination Strategy was submitted, review here.
- In New York State there has been a several years-long strategic planning process that has led to Gov. Cuomo supporting Hep C Elimination plan.
- Several leaders in our local coalition are looking to add Hep B Elimination with the assistance of advocates who worked on Hep C Elimination.
- If you are interested in this effort, email Janice Lyu – firstname.lastname@example.org
City Council Viral Hepatitis Initiative – update.
- The FY 2020 discretionary funding application will be posted here in early 2019.
- Coalition against Hepatitis in People of African Origin (CHIPO)
- Next meeting: February 6th (3-5 PM) @ African Services Committee: 429 W 127th St, New York
- To RSVP or join the committee, contact Committee Chair: Farma Pene, NYC Health Dept – email@example.com
- Communications – To join the committee, contact Committee Chair: Shanaz Hosein – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Liver Cancer Awareness Month. October.
See more upcoming events on our Community Calendar
- NYSHealth Accepting Applications for Conference Scholarships
- Rolling Deadline