Afterhours Project Case Manager Tech
AfterHours Project: 2 Case Manager Tech Jobs Available
Salary: Competitive Salary plus Benefits
Provision of direct case management / service coordination to HIV+ [& Hep B & C] individuals and their families.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provides case management services that include intake, needs assessment, service plan development, service plan implementation, service coordination, monitoring and follow-up, re-assessment and case closure.
- Assist with the implementation and follow-up of clients’ service plans
- Ensure that the necessary follow-up for referrals are made and planned appointments for health and social services are carried-out
- Provide escorts to medical appointments and supportive services. Conduct required home visits or agencies that provides services to clients.
- Conduct case conferencing and care coordination with service providers to ensure optimal service delivery to clients.
- Establish a clear bi-directional process with medical care providers for the receipt and provision of relevant information on the medical and psychosocial status of enrolled clients
- Documentation of all services provided for charting and reporting purposes to NYSAI.
- Ensure that daily progress notes are reviewed, signed and submitted to Service Coordinator of Case Management for review and signature.
- Complete log of daily activities.
- Submits weekly activity schedule to the Case Manager, coordinates assigned task with team members and assures that tasks are accomplished within the given time frame
- Resource development, provider relationship-building and linkage maintenance
- Participation in weekly Case Conferences
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelors degree in social work/human services and/or Minimum three years providing case management/ service coordination with communities affected by HIV/AIDS, homelessness and substance use in New York City
- Experience in a low-threshold, drop-in center environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of harm reduction practice and theory, including expertise in harm reduction strategies and education
- Excellent organizational skills
- Flexible team player
- Detail oriented
- Bilingual (Preferred not required)
- Individuals with personal experience related to substance use and/or HIV/AIDS are encouraged to apply. EOE.
Reports to: Director of Social Services & Linkage to Care
Submit detailed resume and cover letter to:
After Hours Project, Inc.
Brooklyn, NY 11221
Fax: (718) 249-0756
ATTN: Abigail Olavarria
After Hours Project, is a grassroots community based minority organization that provides a welcoming and nonjudgmental approach to injecting drug users, sex workers and the homeless, providing street-based outreach, education and referrals that promote better health and safer injection practices. We challenge stigmas related to drug use, HIV/AIDS and homelessness. We value the collaboration between participants and staff to facilitate pro-active strategies and innovative responses
Providing Hope Until We Find A Cure.Tags: Case ManagerHepatitis C & HIV