FUNCTIONAL TITLE: Community Health Worker
PAYROLL TITLE: Research Support Specialist
REPORTS TO: Director, HCV Services, STAR Health Center
Salary Range: $36,000-$40,000
To provide education and support for people with HCV to encourage maintenance in care and adherence to treatment.
- Administer rapid HCV testing at community-based sites and other outreach/recruitment events.
- Work with Program Coordinator/LTCS to develop, implement, and monitor strategies for overcoming any patient barriers to linkage and retention in care.
- Follow-up with patients and provide appointment reminders via phone, text, or email
- Provide or refer for appointment and accompaniment
- Provide ongoing HCV education, support, and care coordination for patients.
- Provide support and treatment adherence to patients throughout HCV treatment course.
- Co-facilitate HCV support and education group as needed.
- Participate on an interdisciplinary team, contribute to patients’ care plan development, and attend case conferences.
- Participate in ongoing quality improvement initiative.
- Record patient encounter notes in the EHR and complete data forms for entry into AIRS database as required by funders.
- Complete program encounters for AIRS entry and submission
- Participate in outreach events.
- Adhere to the SUNY Downstate Medical Center University Hospital of Brooklyn’s Principles of Behavior.
- Personal experience with hepatitis C virus required.
- High school education or equivalent required. Some college preferred.
- One year of case management/care coordination experience OR successful completion of NYS peer training program required.
- Experience working with HIV, HCV positive, substance use and/or high-risk populations preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Haitian Creole preferred.
- Training in Motivational Interviewing preferred (may be acquired upon employment).
- Rapid HCV testing training preferred (will be provided upon employment).
- Must be able to work evening clinics and some weekends as necessary.
- Effective computer, verbal, written, organizational, and interpersonal skills required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
To apply, submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated on April 25, 2018 by HepFree NYC