Brooklyn Hepatitis C Task Force Meeting Highlights
Wednesday February 15th (3-5 PM) Brooklyn Public Library, Pacific Branch: 25 Fourth Ave
In Attendance: See Below
Stay Connected! Join our Linkedin Professional Network
- New! Electronic Client Tracking System: HCV Screening, Counseling & Patient Navigation – MDLAND. Contact: Sunay ShahSunay.Shah@MDLand.net & Cynthia Watson firstname.lastname@example.org
- MDLand is working with the NYC Health Department on a ‘Hep C Risk Assessment Screening, Testing, Counseling and Linkage to Care Module’ in their Electronic Health Record ‘IClinic’ for the ‘Check Hep C Project.’ This is the first electronic system to support Hep C Patient Navigation.
- Hepatitis C Basic Brochure in Creole. HCV Advocate. Haitian Centers Council, Inc. translated the brochure
- A group is convening to work on a plan to increase awarness about Hepatitis B & C in the Crown Heights Caribbean Community
- Group Outreach event: Caribbean Women’s Health Association, Inc : Community Health Fair in East Flatbush on June 2, 2012. To participate, contact: Amanda Nace, MPH, CPH: email@example.com
- Groups suggested doing outreach at the Prospect Park Drum Circle on Sundays.
New! Russian Hepatitis B & C Education & Support Group Initiative. Contact: Greg Romen- firstname.lastname@example.org (718) 395-9120
- Monthly Russian Hep B & C Support & Education Group: Last Wednesday of the Month (6:30-7:30 PM). Kings Highway Library: 2115 Ocean Ave.
New! Methodist Hospital Hepatitis B & C Support Group
- 3rd Wednesday of each month (5:30-7 PM). Open to all Hepatitis B & C Patients. Methodist Hospital:506 6th Avenue, Park Slope – in the executive dining room on the ground floor adjacent to the cafeteria. Facilitated by Smruti Mohanty, MD, MS, FACP, Chief, Division of Gastroenterology & Hepatology. Contact & RSVP: email@example.com (718) 780-3851
- African Hepatitis B & C Subcommittee Inaugural Meeting. Joint Subcommittee of the NYC Hepatitis B Coalition & Hepatitis C Task Force.
- April 4th (2-5 PM) – African Services Committee: 429 West 127th Street, NY 10027. All interested in health in the African Community are welcome. RSVP: Demetri Blanas – firstname.lastname@example.org
- African Services Committee is now testing for Hepatitis B & C 5 days a week through Mount Sinai’s HONE Project. To refer, contact: Alice Clomegah, Testing Center Coordinator – email@example.com – (212) 222-3882
- Next Meeting: April 17th (3 -5 PM) at the Federal Building on Worth & Broadway.
- Centralizing helpful ‘Hepatitis Health Care Access, Insurance & Medication Resources & Tools’ for dissemination in Newsletter & on Website
- Integrating Hepatitis B & C patient care components into Electronic Health Record Products: starting with eClinicalWorks. To learn more, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Compiling Medicaid & Medicare Managed Care Issues reported by the community and developing action plan to improve.
- Action alert! If you are experiencing issues helping your Hep B or C clients through Medicaid or Medicare Managed Care, please write and email describing the issue to: Frank Winter (email@example.com).
- Ensuring Hepatitis representation in existing Health Care Access & Insurance Coalitions.
- Developing a periodic ‘Email Toolkit for Medical Providers’ (MD, NP, PA) to help care for Hep B & C Patients more efficiently
- Hepatitis B & C Personal Stories Workshop – for patients. Every other Tuesday @ Harm Reduction Coalition (5:45-7:15 PM). To join, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Purpose is for patients to develop their Hepatitis Stories for themselves and/or to generate awareness. Stories can take on any form.
- Current projects: Developing a Hep C Awareness Video for Callen-Lorde TV. Submitting stories to the HCV Advocate Personal Stories Webpage.
- Barbershop Talk for Brothers: Arthur Ashe Institute for Urban Health: HIV & Hepatitis Integration Outreach Project Update. Planning a citywide skills training for Hepatitis Outreach Workers. Stay tuned for announcement. Contact: Dawn Jacob Arthur Ashe Institute for Urban Health (email@example.com)
- 2012 New York State Viral Hepatitis Conference. NYS Department of Health. March 20th. CUNY Graduate Center, NYC.
- You are invited!NYS Viral Hepatitis Conference Pre-conference reception. Hosted by Harm Reduction Coalition. Museum of Sex: 233 Fifth Avenue, New York from (6 – 8 pm) on Monday March 19th. The guest speaker will be Dr, Gregory Dore, Viral Hepatitis Clinical Research Program at the University of New South Wales in Sydney Australia
- NYC Adult Immunization Coalition Meeting. March 22nd (10-12). DOHMH 42-09 28th Street, Rm 14-43, Long Island City. RSVP
- International Conference on Viral Hepatitis (ICVH)(CME). March 26 -27. Mount Sinai Hospital, NY
- Webinar: Preparing for Hepatitis Testing Day.NASTAD & NVHR.March 29th (3-4 PM
- Hepatitis Management: State of the Art (CME). May 11-12. Einstein Hospital, NY
- TD Five Boro Bike Tour. American Liver Foundation. May 6th. Join the Liver Life Challenge Team in America’s largest cycling event, a 40-mile, traffic-free ride for some 30,000 cyclists.
- Liver Life Walk. American Liver Foundation. June 3rd, Battery Park.
July 28th World Hepatitis Day
- Gods Love We Deliver provides home meal services for Hepatitis C patients meeting eligibility requirements.
- Community Health Advocates. Statewide program to help people of all ages find insurance and resolve insurance issues with help available in multiple languages. (888) 614-5400
- Orasure HCV Finger Stick Rapid Test Approved! To request training or information in NYC, contct: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HCV Patient Mentor Program: To request a patient mentor to come to your organization to speak to your clients at groups or special events, contact: email@example.com
- Hep-Cap: NYS DOH pilot program that provides medical visit support and medication support for uninsured HCV patients. For more information, contact: Jocelyn Camacho, Project Coordinator – Mount Sinai Primary Care HCV Program – Jocelyn.firstname.lastname@example.org
- www.LookitDesign.com is working on an upgrade of the combine HCV Task Force & HBV Coalition Website. They offer affordable ‘Quicksites for non-profits.’
Medical Provider Assistance
- Primary Care Information Project (PCIP) offers assistance in transitioning to Electronic Health Records and classes on how to bill effectively. Consultants can work with practices directly. Intensive classes on ICD-10 are planned for early 2012. email@example.com (347) 398-4888
- CoverMyMeds helps physicians and pharmacists complete Prior Authorization and other insurance coverage determination forms for any drug and almost all drug plans.
- Anthony Galank, Pharmacy Student (Anthony.Galante@my.liu.edu)
- Barry Reiter: Reiter.Barry@gmail.com
- Cynthia Watson – MDLand (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Eric Thornhill – Project Street Beat – Planned Parenthood – Eric.Thornhill@ppnyc.org
- Escott Solomon, Testing Coordinator Coalition on Positive Health Empowerment (COPE) (email@example.com)
- Fred Wright V.O.C.A.L. V.O.C.A.L. NY-Users Unionfred@vocal-ny.org
- George Bethos, Advocate – VOCAL-NY – FROSTD– George.Vocal@gmail.com
- Greg Romenski, Patient Advocate, HCV Support Group Leader for the Russian Community, HCV Stories Workshop Member (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Hector Quinones, Director of Social Services & LTC – AfterHours Project– email@example.com
- Jay Sturm, Vice President, Operations MD Land (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Jim Konetsky, Senior Admin Program Services Gods Love We Deliver (email@example.com)
- Keith Gamble, Health Educator
- Mike Duncan, PA Citiwide Harm Reduction – AfterHours Project – Harm Reduction Coalition & VOCAL-NY – (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Nirah Johnson, Community Projects Specialist – Office of Viral Hepatitis Coordination – email@example.com
- Quy Huyah, Pharmacy Student Kings Pharmacy (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Richard Ma MDLAND (Richard.Ma@MDLand.net)
- Sabine Franklin, Health Educator – Haitian Centers Council Inc – SFranklin@hccinc.org
- Sandra Benjamin, Outreach Caribbean Womens Health Association (email@example.com)
- Siddharth Verma, MD Research Fellow Division of Gastroenterology New York Methodist Hospital (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Steve Phillips – Treatment for Life – Brookdale University Hospital & Medical Center – (email@example.com)
- Sunay Shah MDLand (Sunay.Shah@MDLand.net) (212) 363-8000 x103
- Uzoma Chito, Pharmacy Student (Uzoma.Chito@my-liu.edu)
Stay Connected! Join our Linkedin Professional Network
Tags: Hep C Task Force Committee