ALF Program Overview
Paul Bolter, Community Outreach & Education Manager, American Liver Foundation – Greater New York (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The American Liver Foundation is a great source for support, education, advocacy and research on the treatment and cure of liver disease. Check out their Hep C 123 website, Webinar Series, Research and Fellowship Awards and Support Services including their Helpline (1-800-GO-LIVER), which offers support, physician referrals, and provides answers to any questions on hepatitis, liver disease and liver wellness.
2015 Patient Navigation Tours Planning
- February’s potential tour location: Elmhurst Hospital
- March potential tour: Callen-Lorde, pending space availability.
- The Network is seeking additional locations for tours! If your organization would like to host a tour for the Patient Navigator Network, please contact Paul (email@example.com) or Nirah (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Potential tour locations discussed:
- NYU Bayside
- Gouveneur Hospital
- DOH STD Clinics
- SUNY Downstate
- Maimonides Hospital
- There are currently no Hep B support groups in NYC
- Health insurance navigators recommend Fidelis Insurance’s Silver Plan for Hep B patients.
- The Patient Navigator Network agreed that we would continue to meet in the same, current format: meeting and tour combined on a monthly basis.
- Barriers reported by Network members: inadequate translator services.
- Network members indicated a need for a one-pager that navigators can provide their patients with “10 Questions to Ask Your Doctor.” Members indicated that www.HCVadvocate.org and www.liverfoundation.org have similar educational documents that could be a good starting place.
The 2014 Hep Health Care Access Training Report, which includes the NASTAD advocacy infographics and Patient Navigator Resources handout (PDF attached)
The Chinese American Medical Society (CAMS) New York Hep B Free Clinician Honor Roll
- Allen Chiang, American Cancer Society, email@example.com
- Angel Cotto, Wyckoff Heights Hospital, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Christine Kim, Charles B Wang CHC, email@example.com
- Costa Kokkinos, NYC DOHMH Viral Hepatitis, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Darrin Maxwell, Callen-Lorde Community Health Center, email@example.com
- Ji Yeon Ann, Korean Community Services, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jie Li, American Cancer Society, email@example.com
- Jina Kim, Korean Community Services, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lisa Gallipoli, American Liver Foundation, email@example.com
- Mary Chiang, Charles B Wang CHC, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monique Wright, NYC DOHMH/Peer Network of NY email@example.com
- Nancy Wyragh, American Liver Foundation, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Niki Bannister, Charles B Wang CHC, email@example.com
- Nirah Johnson, NYC DOHMH Viral Hepatitis, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paul Bolter, American Liver Foundation, email@example.com
- Randa Adib, American Liver Foundation, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sara Kim, Korean Community Services, email@example.com
Thanks to all that attended!
Visit the NYC Hepatitis Patient Navigator Network Website or contact Paul Bolter (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Nirah Johnson (email@example.com) for more info on upcoming events and how to join the network.Tags: Patient Navigator Committee