Hep Free NYC Research Committee Meeting Highlights
12-16-2020 (3 – 4:30 PM EST) via Zoom
In attendance: See below
Hep Free NYC Research Committee Goal: Create a network and foster collaboration among NYC hepatitis focused researchers.
Hep Free NYC Research Committee Webpage and community research board for recruiting for studies or jobs.
Please share any suggestions and share with those interested in posting/utilizing.
NYC Viral Hep Elimination Project Update
- Hepatitis Report 2019 (pg. 7) using latest surveillance data on how we compare to WHO standards. Made for reference purposes not to serve as elimination plan.
- Community review to provide feedback and guidance that can help the Elimination Project.
Links & Resources Mentioned
- COVID-related paper about SSPs across the US and testing availability: The Impact of COVID-19 on Syringe Services Programs in the United States
- Benjamin Eckhardt, MD, NYU and Bellevue -Benjamin.Eckhardt@nyulangone.org
- Brianna Norton, MD, Montefiore – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grace Kim, MPH, NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene- email@example.com
- Jeff Weiss, PhD, Mount Sinai – Weiss@mountsinai.org
- Jessie Schwartz, RN, MPH, Health Department – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Justin Chan, MD, H+H Correctional Health – email@example.com
- Lina Cherfas, MS, Evaluation Consultant – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nirah Johnson, NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene – email@example.com
- Olorunseun Ogunwobi, MD, PhD, CUNY Center for Health Disparity Research – Ogunwobi@GENECTR.HUNTER.CUNY.EDU
- Pruthvi Patel, Empire Liver Foundation – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pedro Mateu-Gelabert, PhD, CUNY – email@example.com
- Shashi N Kapadia, MD, Cornell – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sheila Vakharia, PhD, LMSW, Drug Policy Alliance – email@example.com
If interested in sharing or joining hepatitis research projects, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will connect you.Tags: Research Research Committee