Committee Bio :
The Hep Free NYC Communications Committee…
Develops the Hep Free NYC social media strategy, and posts information/resources on the Hep Free NYC website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
Promotes and engages in outreach for Hep Free NYC planned events pre-event promotion and post-event documenting successes on social media platforms.
Touches base monthly through email, and holds strategic planning conference calls and meetings as needed.
Review of Committee accomplishments 2017
- Hepatitis Awareness Day May 10, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM at City Hall.
Special thanks to: received funding from the Al D. Rodriguez Liver Foundation to produce materials for our awareness day: used to create t-shirts and to boost the Facebook event page.
- Establishment of social media posting guidelines
- Establishment of twitter ambassadors guidelines
- New social media platforms
- Snapchat (Pending)
Planning of Upcoming events:
- Feedback regarding upcoming events/ ideas for 2018
- Reach out to event Awareness Day Planning Committee to stay updated on event details
- Have a member of the communications committee on event planning conference calls
- Provide flyer packets to Hep Patient Navigators to distribute to their patients
- Invite African American community and CHIPO (Coalition against Hepatitis in People of African Origin (CHIPO) NYC) to combine events/attend and provide event support.
- Date TBD | Hepatitis Awareness Day at City Hall.
Expected timeline to begin planning: Late January- Early February
- Increase awareness and media coverage of the event pre event & during event
- Fly design- updated from 2017
- Social media postings, news coverage : NY1, Today Show
- Possibility of sign-language translator
- Recruit participants, HOPE Team Members to deliver statement
- June Date TBD | American Liver Foundation NYC Walk
- Reach out to Paul Bolter ALF, to get more info on date/time of event
- Inquire about Hep Free NYC participation in walk
- Communications Committee Planned event:
July 28th World Hepatitis Day- Collaboration w/ Team HOPE ( SEE 2018 July World Hep Day folder ) Late January- or earlier to ensure we secure a NYC park location
Goals for 2018:
- Hold 4 meetings (1 per quarter) at NYC Public Library (preferred location ) or Monthly conference call all dependent on anticipated events
- Publicize Hep Free NYC events and initiatives on all platforms
- Snapchat (pending)
- Recruit 5 twitter ambassadors
- Possible ambassador: Yanhai Wan firstname.lastname@example.org