II. Responsibilities of Interns
- Dedicate at least 5 hours a month to internship activities.
- Meet once a month for 2 hours to brainstorm on activities and report on projects.
- Serving as “Social Media Ambassadors” (If using social media)
III. Group Discussion – How to distribute the Hep C Prevention in Youth Video
- Create a YouTube video for the youth committee. Post the video on YouTube and share on social media.
- Screen videos at campus clubs and events.
- Ask if University can post video on their social media and website.
- Screen the video at Hunter dorms, have food or beverages as incentive for people to attend.
- Show the video at community centers/schools in communities most impacted by Hep C.
IV. Group Discussion – Goals and Action Plan
Educating young people about Hepatitis C
- Partner with Peer Health Exchange to include a Hep C component in existing curriculum.
- Provide Hep C resources at health centers in schools.
- Host a panel discussion at school about Hep C. Include experts, a prominent researcher, etc.
- Ask if Professors can bring students to the lecture.
- Have a Hep C table at a health event/fair.
- Write an article about Hep C and place in school/community newspaper.
- Organize a walk or 5k in awareness of Hep C.
- Decide on how we can target and educate those most at risk. How do we get resources to this community?
Social Media Campaigns
- Create a logo and name for the group.
- Create a youth Facebook page, Twitter and Instagram.
- Create a filter on Snapchat that raises awareness about Hep C.
- Do a challenge, such as ice bucket, pushups, to raise awareness about veterans.
- Do a six second vine posting about Hep C.
- Decide on core message of social media campaign. What do we want to disseminate? Should we have a graphic with an image? How will the message be conveyed correctly?
To Do Items
- Next Meeting – January 11, 12 – 2 PM at NYC Health Dept
- Before next meeting, post two separate times on social media information/resources regarding Hep C.
- Before next meeting, send Danny name ideas for the group.
- Before next meeting, email Danny if you would like to be in the social media, or education group to begin planning activities.